Mantiz Venus not recognized after thunderbolt driver update (16.2.55.275)

Notifications
Clear all

Mantiz Venus not recognized after thunderbolt driver update (16.2.55.275)  

of  2
  RSS

Lacin
(@lacin)

Hello everyone,

I have Mantiz Venus, 980Ti, 2017 MBP15 setup with Win10 through boot camp. My setup worked perfectly up until now.

Yesterday I've installed the latest firmware update of Mantiz Venus. In order to do so I had to install intel nuc thunderbolt software as was suggested by itsage. Installation was successful and I used my setup without issues. Cuda-Z performance was increased as was expected.

Today when I boot my computer the enclosure receives power, fans of the enclosure and GPU are working and my computer is receiving power but apart from that, none of the devices I plug into the enclosure are being recognized with or without the GPU.

I have reinstalled thunderbolt driver and firmware update with success but the issue is still there. One thing I've noticed though is that when I initially installed the firmware, the enclosure was being listed under port 1. Now when I try to reinstall firmware it is being listed under port 2 as shown below.

It is not a damaged board issue as the enclosure works in MacOs but not in Win10.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2017 15" MacBook Pro (RP560) [7th,4C,H] + GTX 980 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Mymantiz_John
(@mymantiz_john)
Vendor

Posted by: Lacin

Hello everyone,

I have Mantiz Venus, 980Ti, 2017 MBP15 setup with Win10 through boot camp. My setup worked perfectly up until now.

Yesterday I've installed the latest firmware update of Mantiz Venus. In order to do so I had to install intel nuc thunderbolt software as was suggested by itsage. Installation was successful and I used my setup without issues. Cuda-Z performance was increased as was expected.

Today when I boot my computer the enclosure receives power, fans of the enclosure and GPU are working and my computer is receiving power but apart from that, none of the devices I plug into the enclosure are being recognized with or without the GPU.

I have reinstalled thunderbolt driver and firmware update with success but the issue is still there. One thing I've noticed though is that when I initially installed the firmware, the enclosure was being listed under port 1. Now when I try to reinstall firmware it is being listed under port 2 as shown below.

It is not a damaged board issue as the enclosure works in MacOs but not in Win10.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Can you go to Sierra or High Sierra to show me the system report-Thunderbolt?

Mantiz: ● ●

ReplyQuote
Lacin
(@lacin)

Here's Thunderbolt system report on MacOs:

Screen Shot 2017 09 19 at 16.04.57[4155]
2017 15" MacBook Pro (RP560) [7th,4C,H] + GTX 980 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Lacin
(@lacin)

The issue seems to be related to the way Windows recognizes Mantiz Venus.

Before the update I was able to just turn the enclosure on which in turn starts the pc automatically. This is still the case but (possibly due to the new thunderbolt controller software) turning the enclosure on and off makes windows unable to recognize it for that run. I need to restart the computer at least 2 more times in order for the enclosure to be recognized. This wasn't the case with my basic boot camp drivers but reinstalling boot camp drivers doesn't solve the issue. It was probably an old, specific version of the software that has allowed detection more flexibly.

Currently my enclosure works if I always keep it on. If I power down the enclosure it takes about 3 restarts one of which usually is triggered by a Windows malfunction but it works afterwards.

I want to thank @Mymantiz_John who helped me on Skype and supplied the old firmware, which allowed me to rule that out as the cause of the issue.

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

Have you tried uninstalling Intel Thunderbolt Software completely. There's no need for it except for FW flashing.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2013 Mac Pro (FP D500 x2) [3rd,12C,E] + RX 5700 XT @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (Mantiz Saturn Pro) + macOS 11 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
achromus
(@achromus)

I'm having the same problem. Worked perfectly with 1080TI in Bootcamp until I closed the lid for the first time today. I installed the Venus firmware a few days ago. Now no PD to 2017 MacBook Pro 15" and connected devices don't work. When turning on computer connected devices and PD work briefly but as soon as Windows start to load it all stops working. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling Thunderbolt. Works exactly as before on OSX - that is the attached devices work - the GPU never worked because I'm using High Sierra Beta. The Mac system report for the thunderbolt port shows the Venus attached no problem.

Thanks, Michael

Update: Actually PD is working in Windows but devices connected to the Venus and the internal SSD I have fitted are not detected in Windows.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
cobodo
(@cobodo)

Having this exact same problem. Also I've now noticed that my video card fans will spin for a split second every couple of seconds.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Mymantiz_John
(@mymantiz_john)
Vendor

Posted by: achromus

I'm having the same problem. Worked perfectly with 1080TI in Bootcamp until I closed the lid for the first time today. I installed the Venus firmware a few days ago. Now no PD to 2017 MacBook Pro 15" and connected devices don't work. When turning on computer connected devices and PD work briefly but as soon as Windows start to load it all stops working. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling Thunderbolt. Works exactly as before on OSX - that is the attached devices work - the GPU never worked because I'm using High Sierra Beta. The Mac system report for the thunderbolt port shows the Venus attached no problem.

Thanks, Michael

Update: Actually PD is working in Windows but devices connected to the Venus and the internal SSD I have fitted are not detected in Windows.

After removed the previous Thunderbolt drivers update, the issue can be fixed. 

The thunderbolt driver is only for update purpose. 

Posted by: cobodo

Having this exact same problem. Also I've now noticed that my video card fans will spin for a split second every couple of seconds.

HI, what's your problem, Kindly add our FB messenger or Twitter to have better communication, We can guid you how.

Mantiz: ● ●

ReplyQuote
Lunchbox
(@lunchbox)
Eminent Member

I think I am having this same exact problem, I even reinstalled windows 10 and a still having the same problem.  My comptuer will recognize the egpu when plugged into the left ports, but not the right.  Has anyone found a solution for this?

2017 3.1ghz 15" MBP, 16gb of Ram, and Radeon 560 - Mantiz Venus EGPU with Silverstone SX800-LTI 800W power supply and Noctua fan - EVGA SC 1080TI - LG 34UC87M-B

ReplyQuote
andy
 andy
(@andy)
Eminent Member

When I was running 1607 Anniversary Edition I had this problem. I installed the NUC drivers to upgrade the Venus firmware but then Windows no longer recognized it. So I reinstalled Windows.

Now I’m running 1709 fully updated. I installed the NUC TB drivers before going through the song and dance for getting the Venus up and running and I’ve had no issues.

ReplyQuote
 of  2