Mantiz Venus w/ EVGA 1080 TI FTW ? 550W vs 600W

Mantiz Venus w/ EVGA 1080 TI FTW ? 550W vs 600W  

RSS

thefifthhorsema
(@thefifthhorsema)

Hey y'all, my Mantiz Venus should be getting here tomorrow and I'm very excited!

I'm new to most of this GPU stuff, so if this question is ignorant, forgive me. 

The Venus is listed as having a 550W PSU with 375W  max output for the GPU.

I've been looking at getting an EVGA 1080 TI FTW3, but looking on EVGA's site under requirements for that card it says:

( https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=11G-P4-6696-KR)

• Minimum of a 600 Watt power supply.
  • Two available 8-pin or 6+2pin PCI-E power dongles
  • Total Power Draw : 280 Watts

I'm not sure whether or not the 550W PSU with the Venus will be enough for the EVGA card, even though EVGA lists the total power draw as 280W, well under Mantiz's listed 375W max GPU output.

Thoughts?

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
mbnwa
(@mbnwa)

I have no issues running my EVGA 1080 TI FTW3 card, running Forza 3 fully maxed out on 4K screen no issues. 

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Mymantiz_John
(@mymantiz_john)
Vendor

Posted by: thefifthhorsema

Hey y'all, my Mantiz Venus should be getting here tomorrow and I'm very excited!

I'm new to most of this GPU stuff, so if this question is ignorant, forgive me. 

The Venus is listed as having a 550W PSU with 375W  max output for the GPU.

I've been looking at getting an EVGA 1080 TI FTW3, but looking on EVGA's site under requirements for that card it says:

( https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=11G-P4-6696-KR)

• Minimum of a 600 Watt power supply.
  • Two available 8-pin or 6+2pin PCI-E power dongles
  • Total Power Draw : 280 Watts

I'm not sure whether or not the 550W PSU with the Venus will be enough for the EVGA card, even though EVGA lists the total power draw as 280W, well under Mantiz's listed 375W max GPU output.

Thoughts?

Hi, I confirmed there's no issue at all. EVGA card max to 330w Including the overclock version. Mantiz Venus provides 2 6+2 Pins Max to 375W.

Also the spec it claimed:

Minimum of a 600 Watt power supply.

It is because the card assumed to be installed in Desktop, CPU there is already 95~135W and other stuff, so Graphic vendor usually calculate the min PSU by this concept.

Mantiz: ● ●

ReplyQuote
thefifthhorsema
(@thefifthhorsema)

Great, thanks all for getting back to me so quickly, much appreciated. 

ReplyQuote
Rycco
(@rycco)
Reputable Member

I have the same setup, no issues at all.

mid-2017 15" Macbook Pro RP555 + [email protected] (Mantiz Venus) + macOS & Win10

ReplyQuote