Share:

Mantiz Venus w/ Radeon RX 580 - Stability Issues  

RSS

FustyFred
(@fustyfred)
January 16, 2019 10:39 pm  

Hi guys,
I'm having issues with my Mantiz Venus and Radeon RX 580. I just got the Venus in the mail, did the firmware update because I was experiencing terrible mouse/keyboard latency. That issue seems to be resolved, but I'm having all sorts of display issues now when gaming. Screen flickering, static image, and even completely green screen. I moved the plastic film on the Venus over the vents, as it seemed like it was blocking the second fan on my 580 (Good/Bad idea?). I previously had the Blackmagic eGPU and experienced none of these issues... so I was guessing it could be heat related maybe?

Please help, I'm at at loss. I'm going to run Unigine and watch the temps on GPU-Z to see if I figure out what's happening. I like this thing, but it's basically unusable if I can't fix this. Also, I am using a better Thunderbolt 3 cable than the provided one, as was suggested by other users.

This topic was modified 3 months ago

Apple 2016 15" MacBook Pro | LG 27UK600-W 27" 4k IPS Monitor | Logitech G512 Mechanical Keyboard | Logitech G600 Mouse | G-Drive USB 4TB 7,200 RPM External Drive | G-Drive mobile SSD 500 GB External Drive | Focusrite 2i4 2nd gen USB Audio Interface | Alesis M1 Active Mk2 Studio Monitors