Mantiz Venus Won't Work with OWC Mercury Elite Pro Dual RAID
I am experiencing a strange problem, and I searched online but couldn't find anyone with the same issue: When I connect my RAID enclosure to Mantiz Venus, it first connects, then it drops connection after a few seconds (Displaying "Disk not ejected properly").
This is not the strange part; I know the USB issue is very common among eGPU enclosure. The strange part is:
- I have flashed the "USB Hotfix" firmware
- ALL other USB devices attached to eGPU works perfectly: The mouse and the ethernet all works with no problem.
- ALL other external drives works perfectly. I have a WD mybook 4T and a Kingston flash drive. Both of them works perfectly.
- It seems like the OWC enclosure is the only device that has this problem.
- When the OWC RAID enclosure is directly attached to the laptop, it works perfectly.
- The above 4 are true for both macOS and Windows.
PS: Since I have no other RAID drives, I cannot test whether there is any compatibility issue with the RAID controller. Does anyone has a working RAID enclosure?
It looks like both the eGPU enclosure and the RAID enclosure work fine individually, but when they pair, it fails to work. I don't even know if it is the problem of Mantiz Venus or the RAID drive...
Anyone has any idea? Please help.
How did you set up the RAID? Was it through software or OWC enclosure's onboard hardware?