Mantiz Venus Won't Work with OWC Mercury Elite Pro Dual RAID
I am experiencing a strange problem, and I searched online but couldn't find anyone with the same issue: When I connect my RAID enclosure to Mantiz Venus, it first connects, then it drops connection after a few seconds (Displaying "Disk not ejected properly").
This is not the strange part; I know the USB issue is very common among eGPU enclosure. The strange part is:
- I have flashed the "USB Hotfix" firmware
- ALL other USB devices attached to eGPU works perfectly: The mouse and the ethernet all works with no problem.
- ALL other external drives works perfectly. I have a WD mybook 4T and a Kingston flash drive. Both of them works perfectly.
- It seems like the OWC enclosure is the only device that has this problem.
- When the OWC RAID enclosure is directly attached to the laptop, it works perfectly.
- The above 4 are true for both macOS and Windows.
PS: Since I have no other RAID drives, I cannot test whether there is any compatibility issue with the RAID controller. Does anyone has a working RAID enclosure?
It looks like both the eGPU enclosure and the RAID enclosure work fine individually, but when they pair, it fails to work. I don't even know if it is the problem of Mantiz Venus or the RAID drive...
Anyone has any idea? Please help.
I have the same problem with WD My Book Pro. It works fine with my previous Orico raid with 4 disks. I am confused.