[MBP 2019 13" + Razer Core X Chroma + RX 570 + MacOS 10.15.6] Help on random freezes
Trying hard to solve random freezes on newly bought configuration as follows:
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, i5, 8G RAM)
- Enclosure: Razer Core X Chroma
- eGPU: MSI Radeon RX 570 ARMOR 8G
- MacOS 10.15.6
- External display connected to the eGPU
- Everything worked great the 1st/2nd days, for prolonged session of work + light gaming
- Then starting from the 3rd day (today is the 5th day), random freezes would occur regardless of what I was doing: be it web browsing or gaming
- Strange enough, when it "freezes", the external display would show a grey-ish or pink-ish color but the internal display continues to display correctly, and after unplugging the eGPU, 1 out of a few times the system would recover after a few seconds without completely crash the MBP
- The freezing typically happen soon after a restart, but tend to occur less after longer session (30 mins or so)
- I have done nothing different after the 1st/2nd day to the system
Other issues I am seeing with the configuration above (not sure if known issues)
- HDMI port does not work... only DP
- USB port on the Core X Chroma not working for external HDD
Would really like to hear your thoughts.
Thanks in advance for your help.
@itsage, I have been testing with the new card, the freezing issues are completely gone so indeed it was a hardware issue with the old card. Thanks again for your advise!