MBP late 2014 - Was on Big Sur but transit with a patched to Monterey - eGPU Bla...

Notifications
Clear all

MBP late 2014 - Was on Big Sur but transit with a patched to Monterey - eGPU Blackmagic.  

RSS

(@bastien_loiseau)

Hi everybody,

I will tell you my story and try to explain the problem...

I'm a Mac Book Pro owner. A late 2014 blocked by Apple to Big Sur. But thanks to a new patche, I decided to evolved to Monterey. it's a succes, and I'm really really happy with that. Machine performances are noticeable and the environement is better. But in the operation, I needed to erase the spited partition needed with Kryptonite for my eGPU. Why? Because  Monterey's instalation crashed all the time, I think because of the splited partition. It got crazy and didn't know where to go. But anyway, after all, it's fine.

Now, I would like to use and come back to my Blackmagic External Graphic Card, but I wonder if it could crash the whole system again if I split another partition.

Is there anyone who has a similar experience and could share some tips?

Do you think I should go for Kryptonite again?

For the moment, when I switch my Blackmagic eGPU (via TH2 to Th3 cable), the icon show up but did'nt see it. (No external eGPU).

Thanks for any Helps.

Cheers

B.

-Late 2014 Mac BookPro 15", Patched on Moterey.
-Blackmagic eGPU, Radeon Pro 580 with 8 GB GDDR5

ReplyQuote
(@bastien_loiseau)

I have do ad a question:

Do you thinks that pluging the two TH2 ports from the MBP to the two TH3 ports on the BM eGPU could speed up the performances to 2X?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
nu_ninja
(@nu_ninja)
Reputable Member

@bastien_loiseau

What patcher are you using to install Monterey? I use OpenCore Legacy Patcher (OCLP) to run macOS Monterey on my 2012 13" MBP and then I run the Kryptonite installer and point it to the partition where OCLP is installed and that works for me. Maybe other model macs might have issues, but I haven't had any crashes doing it this way.

Mid-2012 13" Macbook Pro (MacBookPro9,2) TB1 -> RX 460/560 (AKiTiO Node/Thunder2)
+ macOS 10.15+Win10 + Linux Mint 19.1

2012 13" MacBook Pro [3rd,2C,M] + RX 460 @ 10Gbps-TB1 (AKiTiO Thunder2) + macOS 10.14.4 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
(@bastien_loiseau)

Hi,

I'm using the same patche, Open Core. But what I remember from the last time I instaled Kryptonite on Big Sur, another partitioning of the disk was needed to instale the eGPU patche.

Did you make a partition for Kryptonite?

From my point of view, and with what you are saying, it's look like I should re-do the whole procedure exactly like I did last time. And let's see...

ReplyQuote