tanukilandslide
(@tanukilandslide)

Mid 2015 MacBook Pro
Core Razer X
Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT
Mac OS 10.15.4 Catalina
Windows X 1903 (18382.30)
Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter

I bought a Nitro+ 5700 XT primarily to be able to game on the PC side, and, less importantly, to use on my mac side as well. I installed Windows version 1903 and followed the guide for using DDU and drivers from BootCampDrivers.com as seen in this video:

However, I keep getting error code 12. When I install the drivers, the computer only shows the internal Radeon M370X graphics card and not the one in the eGPU.

How do I get my computer to recognize my graphics card and play nice?

Thanks for your help!

computer: Mid 2015 Macbook Pro 15"
egpu: Razer Core X + TB3 to TB2 adapter + Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 xt

ReplyQuote
ezekg
(@ezekg)

Exact same set up here. I updated to Windows Fast Ring, reinstalled AMD drivers and it worked. I'm using the rear thunderbolt port, since the front port always results in error 12 for me. I've seen best performance using 2019 Bootcamp Drivers for eGPUs. Latest AMD drivers do work, but again, I've seen better slightly performance from the 2019 drivers so I've stuck with that until they release a new version that is hopefully optimized a bit better for eGPUs.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
tanukilandslide
(@tanukilandslide)

That's awesome! So the Nitro+ 5700xt actually can run on a mid 2015 Macbook Pro. That gives me hope!

Does that mean that the next release of Windows 10 will support eGPUs again? Also, where were you able to find the 2019 Bootcamp drivers? Are you able to run the drivers directly from AMD or do you have to use bootcampdrivers.com?

Thanks for the help!

computer: Mid 2015 Macbook Pro 15"
egpu: Razer Core X + TB3 to TB2 adapter + Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 xt

ReplyQuote