Clear all

New eGPU enclosures from Sonnet: Breakaway Box 750/750ex  

of  2
  RSS

odin
 odin
(@odin)
Estimable Member

Ahhh interesting.. Well that's a bummer that we can't use Goshen Ridge devices to unlock full 32Gb/s for eGPUs. I guess the best we're going to get for something that's not completely proprietary like Asus XG until perhaps TB5 or whatever might be next is these new H45 CPUs and a TB3 eGPU. I'm just not willing to Frankenstein my setup to jam an m.2 PCIe adapter in there, those don't have the option of using the internal panel in a pinch anyway.

2018 17" LG Gram 17 [8th,4C,U] + RTX 2070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Sonnet Breakaway 550) + Win10 [build link]  

Pressy liked
ReplyQuote
Pressy
(@pressy)

Here are some pictures of the 750ex enclosure.

I meant to post these a while ago and will try to take more/better pictures of the internals next time it's open.

Unsurprisingly the main board is different and a daughter board is not being used for the extra IO.  So far testing using Cuda-z using a keyboard (and inactive webcam) through the 750ex is not affecting bandwidth to the card negatively.

2021 13" Dell XPS 13 9310 [11th,4C,G] + RTX 3060 @ 32Gbps-TB4 (Sonnet Breakaway 750ex) + Win10 21H1 [build link]  

nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
 of  2