Omen Accelerator disconnecting itself
Unfornunately I have some issues with this last one 😡 .
I succeeded to install all the drivers & firmware and my Omen Accelerator which is connected to my laptop is actually working fine.
then, I installed my crappy AMD hd7950 for which the outputs are deads (the output don't have any blue). But it worked fine as a eGPU and, I was so happy...
I often have this message when I connect my Omen Accelerator : "Display connection might be limited"
In this case my egpu isn't recognized. And I need to try again and again until it works.
Furthermore , when it is recongnized I often can't access to the HDD or the USB port.
Plus, the same thing happens with the charging function. It doesn't recognize the charger plugged in.
But the USB port or The HDD or the charging function might work or not work at the same time.
Finally, It disconnects and reconnects itself, sometime, and I come back , sometime, to the first issue, "Display might be limited".
I really hope somebody could help me with this problem. I really like my enclosure thanks to his 4 USB port and ethernet port (which I don't have on my laptop).
Thank you in advance for your help 😀
I don't think anyone is taking care about my topic.
Still, I'm looking myself for a fix.
So... Here's the update of my research :
• I think the error message was "thunderbolt device functionality might be limited" and not "display might be limited" (French litteral traduction).
• I tried a complete reinstallation of drivers, firmware, thunderbolt software and it worked for a almost a day (the longest session whithout any problem i had)
• With or whithout GPU doesn't change a thing.
• When my Omen Accelerator is in "don't want to work" mode, It takes time to boot : leds takes 3-6seconds to turns on
• When it works, the charging function doesn't always works (I already said that yesterday).
My conclusion is : The PSU might be faulty !
I'm actually trying to change the PSU with a 20$ one. And it's working for the moment
Edit : It did not work. I'm not trying with a 750W Silver certified PSU ...
I noticed a new thing. It will remove the the "thunderbolt device functionality might be limited" issue when I unplug and plug back the 24 ATX pinout.