Omen Accelerator GTX1060 not detected (2018 MBP, WIN10)

Notifications
Clear all

Omen Accelerator GTX1060 not detected (2018 MBP, WIN10)  

RSS

(@emil_kendziorra)

5 Days ago I got my Omen Accelerator and my GTX1060 worked perfectly with it on my 2018 MBP under Windows 10.
No special installation needed, was just was  simply detected by Windows and Nvidia drivers installed without problems. Hotplug on restart on right-further port.

Today the GPU is not detected anymore (not showing up in Device Manager). Fast Boot is off.
When I plug in the Accelerator I get a "Display connection might be limited" - Accelerator is detected a Device (USB device?) but the GPU is not.
Clean Windows 10 (exact same version) did not solve anything. Didnt turn on Wifi after reinstalling so no updates could have been installed.

Any idea what to try?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
(@emil_kendziorra)

Update for anybody having the same problem: this solved it for me (all on new Win 10 installation, not sure if consistant):
Take the GPU out of the accelerator, starting once with accelerator connected but no GPU, shutdown, put GPU back, start without accelerator connected, connect accelator in Windows, -> GPU is detected, reinstall drivers via Gefore Experience.
On future booting, plug accelerator in when the windows logo AND the loading icon (turning circle) show for the very first time during boot

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote