OMEN Accelerator not detected as a charger on my XPS 13 7390

Notifications
Clear all

OMEN Accelerator not detected as a charger on my XPS 13 7390  

RSS

Paul-Henri Andrieu
(@paul-henri_andrieu)

Hello there, 

I just bought an OMEN Accelerator, and I am new in egpu's and thunderbolt 3 things. I installed my Thunderbolt 3 drivers on my XPS 13, pluged my RX580 in the enclosure, powered up the enclosure, and connected it to my laptop. Graphic part is fine, as well as the network card and the hard drive enclosure, but two things aren't working (I don't know if they are linked), but the OMEN Accelerator software does not detect the enclosure, and the laptop isn't charging, I mean it isn't event showing up as pluged-in and not charging, it is just like if nothing was connected to the laptop. Does anyone have any idea about what to do or has anyone encountered the same problem?

Thanks

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Silas Döring
(@silas_doring)

@paul-henri_andrieu, Hey there !

First of all - the current drivers are correctly installed and the Accelerator is shown as accepted device in the "Thunderbolt Controll Center" ?

If these steps are okay the reason for the Problem could be a TB3 cable wich is not providing PD function e.g some cheaper cables from Amazon.

Otherwise: Maybe the Accelerator needs a Firmware upgrade.

All the functions are working for me, but my problem is that the Accelerator Software isn't detecting the Device. Very poor because i use a HP Spectre...

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote