Notifications
Clear all

Post-repasting issue Aorus gaming box 1080  

RSS

kaoru-sama
(@kaoru-sama)

Hi everyone!

Longtime lurker but first time poster!

I have an issue with my egpu, an Aorus Gaming Box 1080. After repasting it (with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut) whenever I plug it on a laptop for the first time, the gpu fan spins for 2 seconds then stops. After that, I need to unplug the power cable before making the fan spin again.

I thought maybe a short was causing the issue due to an error with my repasting method but I've even ran the egpu with no cooler on and cleaned up and I was experiencing the same issue.

I've also tried to connect the enclosure without a gpu inserted and the USB hub was working properly. 

I'm starting to suspect that either now I have a PSU issue or a dead card on my hands. 

Do you have an idea about what is going on and how I could fix the issue?

Thanks a lot!

Aorus Gaming Box 1080- Lenovo Yoga 730-15ikb

ReplyQuote
nn_mos
(@nn_mos)

Hello!

Have you try to remove the heatpipes again and be sure that the screw are correc and check the fan wire t? Also try to plug it again , sometimes the box go crazy and doesnt turn on. I think that all should work correctly. 

Regards

Aorus Gaming box 1080 , Lenovo P53 , Lenovo x370 , Lenovo T470 , Alienware R17

ReplyQuote
kaoru-sama
(@kaoru-sama)

Hi ! 

Yeah , I did all that already. 

I also did a test where I've put my GPU in a desktop computer and I confirm that the GPU is dead sadly. Also the enclosure doesn't work with any cards I've put in it. 

So I guess an electrical issue killed both components sadly. 

I think it's a good enough excuse to look to upgrade to a Core X + a 3060 or 3070 when they'll be available Smile !

Thanks!

Aorus Gaming Box 1080- Lenovo Yoga 730-15ikb

ReplyQuote