Notifications
Clear all

Razer Core X Chroma + 3080 - constant Error Code 47 on boot  

RSS

Roland_Price
(@roland_price)

Hi, everyone

I have an issue with my setup, here's thew story:

For a while I had a Core X Chroma + 2080 Ti FE and it was working (sort of - BSODs here and there, freezes once in a while, but I've coped with it) and yesterday I've swithed 2080 Ti for 3080 FE.

Now every restart I have with an eGPU plugged in starts ok, but after the login screen all monitors immediately go dark, desktop switching to an internal screen (MSI GS66 with 2060) and 3080 having the Error Code 47 in Device Manager saying that it was set for a safe removal but was not removed. Once I plug it out/in it works ok.

Did anyone have the same issue maybe?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@roland_price, How did you set up the drivers for the eGPU? If you let Windows handle driver installation, that's likely the culprit. Download and run DDU to remove all Nvidia drivers. Then manually install the latest Nvidia drivers when both RTX 2060 dGPU and RTX 3080 eGPU are present.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 6700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (CM MasterCase EG200) + Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Phil Bo
(@phil_bo)

Same here with RX570 and Core X Chroma.

Is there something faulty with Windows 10 maybe? Any Update that crashed EGPU?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Roland_Price
(@roland_price)

Posted by: @itsage

@roland_price, How did you set up the drivers for the eGPU? If you let Windows handle driver installation, that's likely the culprit. Download and run DDU to remove all Nvidia drivers. Then manually install the latest Nvidia drivers when both RTX 2060 dGPU and RTX 3080 eGPU are present.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's not the case - I've done it both ways (clean manual install with eGPU connected and without it), in both cases the issue remains. The weirdest thing is that it was ok with 2080 Ti

Posted by: @phil_bo

Same here with RX570 and Core X Chroma.

Is there something faulty with Windows 10 maybe? Any Update that crashed EGPU?

No idea so far, I haven't updated windows in a pretty long time. I have another eGPU , ASUS ROG Station PRO. The issue is that it has external 300W power supply and cramming a 3080 in  there (which draws 320W itself) is not a good idea Smile

ReplyQuote