Razer Core X Chroma eGPU with AsRock Radeon RX 6900 XT Build

Notifications
Clear all

Razer Core X Chroma eGPU with AsRock Radeon RX 6900 XT Build  

RSS

James Riley
(@james_riley)

I'm trying to build a Razer Core X Chroma with an ASRock Radeon RX 6900 XT Phantom Gaming D card and ran into a few problems.

1. The card doesn't seem to seat all the way down in the slot snugly. I think there may be a clearance issue.
  2. The Razer Core x Chroma only supplies 2x PCI-E power connectors but the ASRock requires 3x connectors.

Looking around, I can't find ANY eGPU units that can house the monster Radeon RX 6900s from anyone, especially when they require 3x power connectors.

My thinking is that I MIGHT be able to keep the Razer and replace the power supply with one that will provide enough PCI-E power connectors. The catch is that I don't know exactly what to get.

So, question...do you know of any eGPU that will actually house the monster Radeon RX6900s and supply the 3x power connectors that the bigger card requires?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@james_riley, I've fitted a similar dimension GPU, ASRock RX 6800 XT Taichi (330 x 140 x 56 mm, 2.8-slot) inside the Mantiz Saturn Pro after removing a support bracket. The PSU in Mantiz enclosure has 3x PCIe 6+2-pin power plugs too.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 13" ASUS ROG Flow X13 (RTX3050Ti) [R5K,8C,H] + RTX 3080 @ 64Gbps-XG (XG Mobile) + Win10 20H2 [build link]  

artik liked
ReplyQuote