Notifications
Clear all

Razer Core X Chroma + MSI RTX 2080 Ti Sea Hawk X  

RSS

uhzyaj
(@uhzyaj)

Hey guys,

Just jumped on board the EGPU train. Started with the Razer Core X Chroma and went with the MSI RTX 2080Ti Gaming X Trio. DO NOT GET THIS for a Razer Core X. Even with a splitter cable, the extra 6pin for supplementary power is too much for the Core X. Later I went with the Sea Hawk X. Almost same performance as the Gaming X Trio but much cooler due to water cooling.

The whole setup fits snug in the enclosure, I placed the included Sunon fan at the front as intake and took off the hard front cover to better air flow.

Hope you guys find it useful. 

- Razer Blade 15" Advanced (240Hz, RTX 2080 Max-Q)
- Razer Blade Stealth 13"
- Razer Core X Chroma w/ Seahawk Liquid Cooled RTX2080 Ti my signature to give context to my posts

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin
Builds: 155

Thank you for sharing your experience with the MSI RTX 2080Ti Gaming X Trio. We'd love to see a build guide and photos of your eGPU!

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 14" Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio [11th,4C,H] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (WD_Black D50) + Win11 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Alexander Hofset
(@alexander_hofset)

Did it not work at all with the gaming x trio? I already have that graphics card. But are moving abroad and the plan was to bring the graphic card and buy the razer core x chroma

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
rui wang
(@rui_wang)

Posted by: @alexander_hofset

Did it not work at all with the gaming x trio? I already have that graphics card. But are moving abroad and the plan was to bring the graphic card and buy the razer core x chroma

Hi Alexander_hofset,

May I know how is your build working now? I just got a Razer Core X Chroma and MSI 2080ti Trio X and even with a Y splitter the whole thing just doesnt work, I am very confused now. If your build is working, may I know which Y splitter you are using? 

razer blade 15 advanced 2019
razer core x chroma
msi 2080ti trio x

ReplyQuote