razer core x constantly freezes/crashes lenovo c940

Notifications
Clear all

razer core x constantly freezes/crashes lenovo c940  

RSS

(@ben_paulaitis)

I just got a core x chroma + rtx 2070 and 9 times out of 10 it will crash my computer or freeze it. On the few times  it doesn't I can see the rtx 2070 in display drivers but it has an error 43. please help? 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
MaxRD
(@maxrd)

I don't know if this helps, but I found out that RTX 20xx cards will crash and freeze the system randomly unless you set the Power Management Mode in the NVidia CP to Prefer Maximum Performance. The default Optimal Power caused my system (Razer Blade 13 1650) to randomly freeze when the Core X was connected. I replaced 2 brand new RTX 2060 Super, reinstalled Windows and drivers countless times trying to troubleshoot this. Interesting thing is that if I used my old GTX Titan it worked fine, that's why I originally thought it was a defective GPU . I saw other people reporting similar issues that have been resolved by simply changing this setting. I have been almost a month crash free.

Razer Blade 13 (GTX 1650), 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, Razer Core X, Asus Strixx RTX 2060 Super

ReplyQuote
Lawless Heaven
(@lawless_heaven)

@maxrd, Whats your fps in games like COD warzone, BF ? Witcher ? Thinking about replacing my RX 5700 Xt with RTX 2070S

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
(@elclay)

Posted by: @maxrd

I don't know if this helps, but I found out that RTX 20xx cards will crash and freeze the system randomly unless you set the Power Management Mode in the NVidia CP to Prefer Maximum Performance. The default Optimal Power caused my system (Razer Blade 13 1650) to randomly freeze when the Core X was connected. I replaced 2 brand new RTX 2060 Super, reinstalled Windows and drivers countless times trying to troubleshoot this. Interesting thing is that if I used my old GTX Titan it worked fine, that's why I originally thought it was a defective GPU . I saw other people reporting similar issues that have been resolved by simply changing this setting. I have been almost a month crash free.

I have a Lenovo C940 + Razer X Core + GTX 2060 Super, and it presented the same problem, this was the definitive solution. Thanks for the info

ReplyQuote
MaxRD
(@maxrd)

@elclay, glad it worked for you as well. Remember to change the setting every time you update the Nvidia driver.

Razer Blade 13 (GTX 1650), 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, Razer Core X, Asus Strixx RTX 2060 Super

ReplyQuote
MaxRD
(@maxrd)

@lawless_heaven, mine is a 2060S. I don't play any of those games sorry. In MW regular MP I get around 90-120fps at 1080p all maxed out. The 2070S is generally faster than the 5700XT across the board.

ReplyQuote