Razer Core X + "Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB Nitro + OC. GPU fans not spinning in macOS

Notifications
Clear all

Razer Core X + "Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB Nitro + OC. GPU fans not spinning in macOS  

RSS

Francisco Caires
(@francisco_caires)

Hi,

Just got a new GPU "Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB Nitro + OC" plus an eGPU "Razer Core X"
Running on macOS Catalina 10.15.6. Connected to my iMac Pro Via Thunderbolt 3

macOS finds the eGPU and the "Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB Nitro + OC" is available, I have already made some render tests in octane x. So it's working fine.

My issue is, the fans on the GPU are not spinning, is this normal? Is there any way to check if things are working as they should? Does Mac OS control the fans, and if there is an app to control/Check them for Mac OS?

I ran Windows 10 via Bootcamp, and the fans spin on the GPU as expected, even when not running any game or application.

Just a little concerned that it will overheat this GPU.

Anyone as any ideas?

Thank you.

This topic was modified 4 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Francisco Caires
(@francisco_caires)

Ok, Got it to work.
Just needed to work the GPU harder, mac OS seems to turn on the fans on a heavier load 😉

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

Mini i5 liked
ReplyQuote