Clear all

Razer Core X + RTX 3070 not detecter  

of  2
  RSS

SpoolerX
(@spoolerx)

Hi Friends!

I have some problem with my new Razer Core X
When Core X is connected to the thunderbold port on the computer, the operating system detects a device called Core X but does not detect the graphics card. The graphics card was checked on another computer, it is functional. Attempting to connect to a different thunderbold connector has the same effect.

Information:
SERIAL: BY1937U04401129
PRODUCT NO: RC21-01310100
Nvidia drivers: 460.79
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 version 9500 ( i7 10750H, 16GB, ServiceTag: JD99X33)
GPU: Geforce RTX 3070 Gigabyte Vision OC 8GB

Cable: Delock Thunderbolt™ 3 (40 Gb/s) USB-C™ cable male > male passive 0.5 m 5 A black https://www.delock.com/produkte/S_84844/merkmale.html

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
lwf
 lwf
(@lwf)
Estimable Member

You need to run the driver installion software. It should detect the GPU. You may also need to install razer software.

2020 15" Lenovo Slim 7 [10th,4C,G] + RTX 3070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (ASUS XG Station Pro) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
SpoolerX
(@spoolerx)

@lwf, Thank you but i try that. I have Razer Synapse installed. I also reinstalled the Nvidia drivers. No effect. Video card or other "Unknown" device is not detected

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
lwf
 lwf
(@lwf)
Estimable Member

@spoolerx, can you try the core X on a different computer? Can you try a different GPU in the core X? It should be plug and play. Try disabling the dGPU. Are there any errors coming up n device manager?

2020 15" Lenovo Slim 7 [10th,4C,G] + RTX 3070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (ASUS XG Station Pro) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
SpoolerX
(@spoolerx)

@lwf, Thank You again. 

@spoolerx, can you try the  core X  on a different computer?

No, i dont have other computer

Can you try a different GPU in the  core X ?

Dont have different GPU but GPU is ok - try in PC

It should be plug and play. Try disabling the dGPU. Are there any errors coming up n device manager?

No Error, any idea?

🙁

ReplyQuote
lwf
 lwf
(@lwf)
Estimable Member

@spoolerx, all I can think of to disable the nvidia GPU that is built in the laptop. The reason to try a different GPU in the Core X is to rule out the Core X as source the problem if it works with a different GPU.

You may also try running DDU to remove previous driver configurations.

ReplyQuote
Ryan Zeelie
(@ryan_zeelie)
Eminent Member

@spoolerx, Silly question from me... but did you plug in the extra 8pin from the PSU to the graphics card? 

2020 14" MECHREVO S3 [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Super @ 32Gbps-TB4 (Razer Core X) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
SpoolerX
(@spoolerx)

@lwf,

1. I disabled the 1650 TI card from my laptop
2. I uninstalled the drivers with DDU (Great tool, thanks!)
3. I have installed the drivers again

It had no effect.

I borrowed a GTX 980 from a friend after checking the equipment behaves exactly the same way.
I wonder if the thunderbold cable I use could be the reason? I have a 0.5m cable passive.

@ryan_zeelie, Thank you, yes, cable from psu is connected.

ReplyQuote
Ryan Zeelie
(@ryan_zeelie)
Eminent Member

@spoolerx, I've only used 2 types of cables with mine and they have to be plugged in a certain side up. IF It's the wrong side up when plugging in, I can't see my card. But I guess you've tried this already.

2020 14" MECHREVO S3 [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Super @ 32Gbps-TB4 (Razer Core X) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
lwf
 lwf
(@lwf)
Estimable Member

@spoolerx, the cable would be something worth trying. Otherwise it seems you may have a faulty enclosure. Connecting to a totally different computer would help to verify that.

ReplyQuote
 of  2