Razer Core X with RX 6900XT Nitro SE

Notifications
Clear all

Razer Core X with RX 6900XT Nitro SE  

RSS

DanWise
(@danwise)

Hi,

I have a 6900XT Nitro SE card which has a 2 x 8-pin + 1 x 6-pin Power Connector requirement, but the Core X only has a 2 x 8-pin set up.
Seen with some nvidia cards people are using Y splitters to power 3x8 etc - could I do that here? The card power draw is 363W so feels like there's plenty of overhead? 

Thanks!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Cagram
(@cagram)

I'm using a MSI RX6900 XT (Gaming X Trio) on a standard Core X Mercury. I used a y-splitter. No problems so far.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

nando4, itsage and DanWise liked
ReplyQuote
DanWise
(@danwise)

@cagram, Amazing thanks for letting me know. Have a splitter arriving today! 

ReplyQuote
Cagram
(@cagram)

@DanWise, How did it go?

ReplyQuote
DanWise
(@danwise)

@cagram, It's working! Haven't really hammered it with long renders but so far seems stable . Thanks again 

ReplyQuote