RX570 /w Core Chroma problem (Code 43)

Notifications
Clear all

RX570 /w Core Chroma problem (Code 43)  

RSS

Phil Bo
(@phil_bo)

Hi.

My setup is a Lenovo X390, connected via TB3 to my Razer Core Chroma.

It was Plug&Play and worked fine now for half a year, using a RX570.

Today I got two Controllers and moved my setup to the living room, to play some Splitscreen-games on TV.

From the moment I connected my setup to the TV, it stopped working. I had no screen on TV and saw, the Radeon driver stopped. Card stopped with Error 43.

I tried different things - but after installing the latest driver and restarting the system, I got the card working and could play about an hour. then I shut the system down to continue playing later. Later it showed the same problem, error 43 and Radeon software tells me, the system failed to initialize the driver. Now I couldn't get it working with reinstall and restart.

Card is now stopped with Error 43 and does finally not work.

Amy suggestions? 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@phil_bo, First step is to check the physical connection of the RX 570 inside the Razer Core X Chroma. If you confirm the card sits securely in the PCIe slot and all power connectors are firmly in place, you can troubleshoot the drivers. Download and run DDU to remove Radeon driver then install the latest 21.3.2 version. A new connected display can trigger Windows to install a different set of drivers for the system.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 6700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (CM MasterCase EG200) + Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Phil Bo
(@phil_bo)

I checked everything - since my Laptop is giving confusing behaviour about that all, i decided to get another GPU to test my setup. If everything is fine, i will sell my Core X Chroma. I need a more simple thing that just works.

Then connected to the Core X Chroma since yesterday, the laptop gives an error message about charging the battery - it says no battery found, but if i click on battery symbol it says how long it needs to full load.
Also today, when connected, everything started up fine and i wanted to run a stresstest on the GPU. But just after a few seconds of idle (before i could start anything), the screen went black and the laptop was frozen until i unplugged the TB3 - then it did a reboot.

Here are some other users with similar problems, using Core X Chroma - i hope its not a fault by razer. 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote