Notifications
Clear all

Thunderbolt 3 Host User Map for Firmware Updates  

of  4
  RSS

itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

Due to the requirement of a Thunderbolt 3 computer to flash the firmware of a TB3 enclosure, we decided to create this User Map so that our community can help each other. If you have a Thunderbolt 3 computer, please consider adding your location to this map by leaving a comment with your city and country.

Enter an address or zip code and click the find locations button.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX 5600 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (VisionTek mini eGFX) + macOS 11 & Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
magazovski
(@magazovski)

Moscow, Russia.

You can contact me via Telegram: @magazovski

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
Yukikaze
(@yukikaze)
Prominent Member Moderator

97124 - Hillsboro, OR, USA.

Drop me a PM here on the forums and we'll figure something out. I have a shiny new ZBook G4 I can use to update your enclosure FW, and a Starbucks nearby to meet at.

Want to output [email protected] out of an old system on the cheap? Read here.
Give your Node Pro a second Thunderbolt3 controller for reliable peripherals by re-using a TB3 dock (~50$).

"Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it."- Robert A. Heinlein, "Time Enough for Love."

2012 14" Lenovo Thinkpad T430s [3rd,2C,M] + RX 550 @ 10Gbps-TB1 (Atto Thunderlink) + Win10 [build link]  

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

Thank you @Yukikaze and congrats on the new ZBook G4! We're looking forward to seeing your eGPU implementation with it.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX 5600 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (VisionTek mini eGFX) + macOS 11 & Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Yukikaze
(@yukikaze)
Prominent Member Moderator

I should've put some spoiler tags Smile I'll be working to set up the eGPU setup later today. I plan to benchmark the Thunder2 first (via TB3->TB2 adapter) before I re-wire everything for the Mantiz board. Spoiler: This is why I was asking about small-sized mATX cases in the thread I opened yesterday Smile

Want to output [email protected] out of an old system on the cheap? Read here.
Give your Node Pro a second Thunderbolt3 controller for reliable peripherals by re-using a TB3 dock (~50$).

"Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it."- Robert A. Heinlein, "Time Enough for Love."

2012 14" Lenovo Thinkpad T430s [3rd,2C,M] + RX 550 @ 10Gbps-TB1 (Atto Thunderlink) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Rycco
(@rycco)
Reputable Member

Belo Horizonte, MG - Brazil

2017 15" MacBook Pro (RP555) [7th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.12.6 & Win10 [build link]  

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member Moderator

I'm not entirely sure what this means but happy to help in anyway I can...

London, UK.

If you need to get in contact PM here or Google my name.

2017 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
GTX1060 + AKiTiO Thunder3 + Win10
GTX1070 + Sonnet Breakaway Box + Win10
GTX1070 + Razer Core V1 + Win10
Vega 56 + Razer Core V1 + macOS + Win10
Vega 56 + Mantiz Venus + macOS + W10

---

LG 5K Ultrafine flickering issue fix

2017 13" MacBook Pro [7th,2C,U] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.15.4 & Win10 2004 [build link]  

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
rhx123
(@rhx123)
Eminent Member Moderator

Redditch, UK Smile

XPS 13 9360 + Acer Graphics Dock

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
acantril
(@acantril)
Eminent Member

Brisbane australia

2019 MacBook Pro 16" / i9-9880HK / 32GB / 5500M 8GB
Razer Core X Chroma / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
Giuseppe G
(@giuseppe_g)

Aarau, Switzerland
PM or Twitter @Gigiu2016
I have a MBP 15-inch, right now using a Aorus Gaming Box. More than happy to help the swiss community 😉

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
 of  4