[Unboxing & Teardown] Blackmagic eGPU Radeon Pro 580 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure

[Unboxing & Teardown] Blackmagic eGPU Radeon Pro 580 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure  

of  5
  RSS

GuideOfGalaxy
(@guideofgalaxy)
Trusted Member

yep reinstalled windows same issue doesn't work
I can't believe that any of you got it working on windows it causes so many issues with this egpu.
can the people that did get it working show screen shots or a video or something showing how you actually got it working.?

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
UliP
 UliP
(@ulip)

I tested it with my 2017  iMac, which has the same GPU inside. Nearly halves rendering times with critical filters, like NR, film grain, lens aperture and so on.
Interesting behavior with a 4K screen added and having a 4K QT movie loop on that:
– Connected with an adapter from TB3 (external) to Display Port: movie stutters, rendering times closer to single GPU.
– Connected by HDMI (external) when rendering, the movie is slowed down to a halt, rendering times not affected. Clever solution!

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
KwamiMatrix
(@kwamimatrix)

Posted by: GuideOfGalaxy

yep reinstalled windows same issue doesn't work
I can't believe that any of you got it working on windows it causes so many issues with this egpu.
can the people that did get it working show screen shots or a video or something showing how you actually got it working.?

So I was reading a macrumors.com thread about the Blackmagic eGPU earlier, and came across this post by a reader that somewhat describes the process they underwent.  I'll re-post it here for you to check out and try:

"I got it running under windows! Once I overcame problems that happened due to my forgetting that bootcamp installation Windows ISO shouldn't be stored on an external drive (which caused my windows installation to fail) and then APFS flakiness (which caused me to have to reformat the whole drive and restore mac backup, as it wouldn't initiate another bootcamp install after the first one failes, and the drive partition structure got slightly damaged in the process it seems)

So config and steps were:

- MBP 2017 15" with Radeon Pro 560 embedded GPU

- Fresh bootcamp install of April 2018 Windows (put this windows ISO on your mac boot drive!)

- Blackmagic eGPU disconnected from the Mac during the entire Windows installation process.

- Windows finished installing, and is working, but WiFi drivers didn't install.

- Boot back to mac, start Bootcamp assistant, download Windows Support Software (it's an option in the menu) and save it to a USB drive.

- Boot back to windows, start the Setup file for Windows Support Software from the USB drive. Remaining drivers install, and WiFI is now working (phew)

- Update Windows to whatever updates there were, and reboot.

- Confirmed that there were no yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager in windows

- Now I plugged eGPU. Windows installed something, but nothing obvious happened. So I checked the device manager, and I see that a new thing appeared under Display Adapters - it was labeled an Unkown Device (I think).

- Right click on Unkown device, and Update Drivers. It downloaded drivers, installed them and...

- My MBP screen went black :\

- I had to press the power button and hold it until it shut down, disconnected eGPU, boot back into windows, screen remains black :\

- Then I realized I've unplugged my external monitor from the eGPU (I thought, mistakenly, that I'd have a better success having it work on laptop's internal screen)

- Shut down again, plug the monitor, restart - and it worked! The eGPU started outputting windows desktop on my external monitor, and the game I tried, Alan Wake, very clearly ran on eGPU, as it was running buttery smooth in monitor's native 2560x1440 resolution.

However:

- My internal laptop screen is still black, even when I boot to windows, with eGPU disconnected.

- Device Manager shows yellow exclamation next to 560 display adapter (but not next to eGPU, which is named something kind of weird in device manager)

So, even though I didn't have to do any of the weird hacks that people on eGPU forum typically suggest, the process was not entirely straightforward, but much of the problems stemmed in no way from this eGPU, but from my carelessness and general bootcamp install process flakiness. The problem related to eGPU now is that I don't know how to get my internal display back. I wouldn't mind if I can choose to run one or the other, but I just don't know how yet. I might just redo the whole windows install, but making sure to keep the external monitor plugged. I suspect that has caused some problem.

I must say however, seeing Alan Wake run at locked 60FPS on all high settings was quite a sight  and made it worth the trouble. I didn't have time to try more games, but I will later tonight."

ReplyQuote
SirLothar
(@sirlothar)
Eminent Member

Not sure if this is useful to you guys - but here's the system report info for my MBP 13 late 2016 connected via the blackmagic and then to the LG5k

System Report

ReplyQuote
KwamiMatrix
(@kwamimatrix)

BTW, I think this came up in earlier posts in this thread, but has it been confirmed that the Blackmagic eGPU supports Displayport 1.4 (due to Titan Ridge), or is it still sending out a Displayport 1.2 signal?  As LG Ultrafine 5K display is a Displayport 1.2 MST display, I'm trying to understand if the Blackmagic eGPU is indeed sending it dual Displayport 1.2 signals over its Thunderbolt 3 port, or if somehow, a single Displayport 1.4 signal is being converted to dual Displayport 1.2 signals.  Anyone know?

Also, do any USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 adapters exist that can take the dual Displayport 1.2 signals (from a MacBook Pro's USB-C Thunderbolt port) and split it into 2 separate Displayport signals?  Does the use of dual Displayport 1.2 signals over a single USB-C port only work in MST mode?  I'm a little confused on this. 

ReplyQuote
GuideOfGalaxy
(@guideofgalaxy)
Trusted Member

Hi guys 

thanks for the info

the 2017 and 2018 15 inch MacBook pro have "large memory" to windows so they don't have the same resources problem the 2016 15 inch has.

https://egpu.io/bootcamp-setup-guide-tb3-macbook-pro/

I am going to go through the entire thing this time and start to disable more resources to see if i can get to work.

the 13 inch 2016 doesn't have the issue because it doesn't have a dedicated graphics card and an intel.

But I think where i went wrong was when I didn't remove the already installed bootcamp drivers like its says in step one.

ReplyQuote
joevt
(@joevt)
Honorable Member

Posted by: UliP

I tested it with my 2017  iMac, which has the same GPU inside. Nearly halves rendering times with critical filters, like NR, film grain, lens aperture and so on.
Interesting behavior with a 4K screen added and having a 4K QT movie loop on that:
– Connected with an adapter from TB3 (external) to Display Port: movie stutters, rendering times closer to single GPU.
– Connected by HDMI (external) when rendering, the movie is slowed down to a halt, rendering times not affected. Clever solution!

That is very strange. I can't think of a reason why they would have different behavior if graphics for both the HDMI and the USB-C are coming directly from the eGPU's GPU. You didn't say if the DisplayPort adapter was a USB-C adapter or a Thunderbolt 3 adapter. A Thunderbolt 3 adapter has a Thunderbolt 3 controller that does the conversion to DisplayPort (for example, a Thunderbolt 3 to Dual DisplayPort adapter, or maybe even a Thunderbolt 3 dock). A USB-C adapter requires that the Thunderbolt 3 controller that you are connecting it does the conversion to DisplayPort. It would be interesting if USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 adapters had different behavior as well, and to know if one of them causes the same behavior as the HDMI.

Posted by: SirLothar

Not sure if this is useful to you guys - but here's the system report info for my MBP 13 late 2016 connected via the blackmagic and then to the LG5k

I am interested in the PCI and USB sections as well. Or an ioreg dump. Or a IORegistryExplorer.app save file (preferably from version 2.1).

Instead of taking a screen shot of System Information.app, you can create a text file containing the same information using a command like this:

system_profiler SPDisplaysDataType SPPCIDataType SPThunderboltDataType SPUSBDataType > systemprofile.txt
ioreg -l -w0 > ioreg.txt

You'll want to compress the ioreg or IORegistryExplorer.app output before uploading.

Posted by: KwamiMatrix

BTW, I think this came up in earlier posts in this thread, but has it been confirmed that the Blackmagic eGPU supports Displayport 1.4 (due to Titan Ridge), or is it still sending out a Displayport 1.2 signal?

We can't know until someone tries a DisplayPort 1.4 display. The Dell UltraSharp 32 8K Monitor: UP3218K looks nice. You can only get 8K at 30 Hz from the eGPU because Thunderbolt doesn't have enough bandwidth for 8K 60 Hz (two DisplayPort 1.4 signals). Too bad the eGPU doesn't expose another DisplayPort to connect it to. I don't even know if macOS supports DisplayPort 1.4 even if the eGPU does. Note that the 2018 MacBook Pro also has Titan Ridge. So the question of whether DisplayPort 1.4 is supported also applies to that. If DisplayPort 1.4 is supported on the MacBook Pro 2018, then you could connect the 8K display to it and get 8K 60 Hz, but only if macOS supports Dual Cable DisplayPort 1.4 displays.

As LG Ultrafine 5K display is a Displayport 1.2 MST display, I'm trying to understand if the Blackmagic eGPU is indeed sending it dual Displayport 1.2 signals over its Thunderbolt 3 port, or if somehow, a single Displayport 1.4 signal is being converted to dual Displayport 1.2 signals.  Anyone know?

Apple describes the LG UltraFine 5K as "dual-link SST". It is the same as those described as "Dual-cable displays" except the LG UltraFine 5K uses a Thunderbolt cable for the two DisplayPort 1.2 signals.
Using 4K displays, 5K displays, and Ultra HD TVs with your Mac
Connect multiple displays to your iMac Pro

There is zero chance that any DisplayPort 1.4 process is happening for the LG UltraFine 5K.

Also, do any USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 adapters exist that can take the dual Displayport 1.2 signals (from a MacBook Pro's USB-C Thunderbolt port) and split it into 2 separate Displayport signals?

Thunderbolt 3 to DualDisplayPort adapters are discussed at:
Thunderbolt 3 to Dual DisplayPort adapters
I also made a list at:
LG Ultrafine 5K+1080Ti=Awful Performance (Game Benchmarks)
You'll want to use an adapter that states Mac compatibility, as some older ones use the TI82 that macOS will not allow (unless you install a patch or kext).

If you're looking for non-Thunderbolt solutions, then you're looking for a MST Hub but they use DisplayPort instead of USB-C. Apple does not support MST for display chaining. Apple supports MST only in old 4K displays that use two DisplayPort MST streams, one for the left half and one for the right half of the display. Therefore MST hubs do not work in macOS. They'll work in BootCamp.

Does the use of dual Displayport 1.2 signals over a single USB-C port only work in MST mode?  I'm a little confused on this.

DisplayPort can transmit one stream as SST or multiple streams as MST.

Thunderbolt can transmit two full DisplayPort signals. Each signal can be SST or MST. A Thunderbolt controller is used to extract the Thunderbolt DisplayPort packets. Thunderbolt DisplayPort packets do not include DisplayPort's stuffing symbols to save bandwidth. The Thunderbolt controller will recreate the stuffing symbols during output to DisplayPort.

MST doesn't let you have more pixels. It only lets you have more displays. The pixels are limited by bandwidth. The more displays, the fewer pixels each display can have. The number of displays is limited by the graphics drivers of the OS.

A display must support MST to receive a MST stream. Then you can connect another display to the MST display. If that display also supports MST, then you can connect another display to that. And so on.

ReplyQuote
GuideOfGalaxy
(@guideofgalaxy)
Trusted Member

https://egpu.io/bootcamp-setup-guide-tb3-macbook-pro/

these instruction are useless, they simply don't work in fact these instruction will break booting into windows.
the Graphics switcher is useless if you ever use it it will cause issues.

what is worse is that it doesn't allow you to restore from a restore point even when the instruction say to make a restore point you can't even get to the menu to restore it because it freezes also on that.

tells you to install intel graphics driver that also cause issues.
basically the only thing that helps in those instructions is the efi boot on usb, nothing else works on a 2016 MacBook pro 15 inch. Why is there no clear instructions on how to do this? I am sure this problem has been around a while.

ReplyQuote
wimpzilla
(@wimpzilla)
Honorable Member

@Joevt

I got the same behavior when eGPU a Dell 6320, if the UEFI bios detect the external gpu, it will automatically reroute the resources and shut down the internal intel iGPU, in my case.
So when i boot i got no intel HD iGPU and the screen of the laptop remain competently black.

So if it stay dark even if you unplug the eGPU, i would suppose some UEFI setting are saved somewhere, dunno since i have no knowledge on how windows works on mac.
Still the behavior seems the same, the motherboard automatically detect and allocate the gpu before booting into the OS.

2012 13-inch Dell Latitude E6320 + R9 [email protected] (EXP GDC 8.4) + Win10
E=Mc²

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

@itsage, can you see if CL!ing is reporting full H2D bandwidth under macOS for this supported AMD card, instead of 16xxMiB/s as Nvidia cards seen (reported here)?

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

Posted by: nando4

@itsage, can you see if CL!ing is reporting full H2D bandwidth under macOS for this supported AMD card, instead of 16xxMiB/s as Nvidia cards seen (reported here)?

It does. I ran CL!ng just now with the 2018 13″ MacBook Pro to confirm.

blackmagic egpu 2018 13 in qc macbook pro cling

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
joevt
(@joevt)
Honorable Member

Posted by: wimpzilla

@Joevt

I got the same behavior when eGPU a Dell 6320, if the UEFI bios detect the external gpu, it will automatically reroute the resources and shut down the internal intel iGPU, in my case.
So when i boot i got no intel HD iGPU and the screen of the laptop remain competently black.

So if it stay dark even if you unplug the eGPU, i would suppose some UEFI setting are saved somewhere, dunno since i have no knowledge on how windows works on mac.
Still the behavior seems the same, the motherboard automatically detect and allocate the gpu before booting into the OS.

I'm not sure why this is directed at me. I believe the behavior you are referring to was described by KwamiMatrix which I did not refer to once. If that is the behavior you are referring to, then it is good to have confirmation of such experiences by multiple people.

Posted by: itsage

It does. I ran CL!ng just now with the 2018 13" MacBook Pro to confirm.

Glad to see you got your 2018 MacBook Pro you mentioned you were waiting for. Just to confirm, you have the following chain?
MacBook Pro 13" 2018 -> Blackmagic eGPU -> 4K display connected via USB-C to DisplayPort adapter

I know you said that you can't have two eGPUs in the same chain because macOS only allows the first to work and Windows shows an error message (I believe there's a screen shot of that error message somewhere that I've seen before). Have you tried a non eGPU device placed in the chain before the Blackmagic eGPU (such as a dock, or a PCIe expansion box with a non-GPU PCIe card)?

ReplyQuote
GuideOfGalaxy
(@guideofgalaxy)
Trusted Member

Success!!!!!

it is a huge pain the arse to get it working on bootcamp with a 2016 macbook pro 15 inch

But key things to remember is to:
- install the Intel HD graphics drivers for the 530 THEN use the iGPU switch intergrated.bat
- YOU HAVE TO plug the egpu on the RIGHT SIDE FOR AMD because it won't work on the left side no idea why but anyway.
- you have to disable the left side thunderbolt ports, you have to also disable the web cams.

Lastly it only seems to work via HDMI output it refuses to output to the 5k thunderbolt display.

I have the internal display runing off the intel graphics 530 and I have the 4k display over hdmi running, and then I had to daisy change to my thunderbolt HDDs.

ALSO you have to ALWAYS boot using the USB apple efi usb thing.
I also forgot to add that you have to disable the PCIe controller for the Radeon pro 455 as well so you only run off of intergrated graphics and not dedicated, this is after you run the intergrated.bat and roboot.

All in all, this was not worth the day I spend wasting to get it working. But I can say now that the Blackmagic Egpu is compatible with bootcamp windows 10.

amd
controllers
workingbootcamp

Username liked
ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member

ReplyQuote
GuideOfGalaxy
(@guideofgalaxy)
Trusted Member

Posted by: Eightarmedpet

Why can’t Apple stop messing about and support Bootcamp?

Apple will only provide support to "Apple branded" Hardware in bootcamp windows, they don't really care about third party brands unless there is a demand for it.
eg the LG 5k monitor took over a year after its release to get support in bootcamp, and even now its still not perfect but you can now run it at 5k resolution in windows though.

Chances are they will support the eGPUs in windows at some point when eGPUs are more main stream and the price is driven down. But Apple are going to prioritize pros in Mac OS like video editors over Windows gamers.
Lets face it if you install bootcamp windows your not doing it to run Adobe premier, your doing it to play games.

ReplyQuote
GuideOfGalaxy
(@guideofgalaxy)
Trusted Member

Thought I would share some Windows bootcamp screen shots here is the heaven score when its run on windows 10 with the Blackmagic eGPU.
and what it looks like when its setup on bootcamp with the egpu.

IMG 1285 (1)

IMG 1276
IMG 1277
IMG 1278

ReplyQuote
UliP
 UliP
(@ulip)

@Joevt
You were asking for the adapter I used. It's a Wesimi USB-C to mini Display Port adapter, which came to market after the MBP 2016.

ReplyQuote
GuideOfGalaxy
(@guideofgalaxy)
Trusted Member

try using one of the Apple official usb c adapters see if that works.

ReplyQuote
UliP
 UliP
(@ulip)

But it works fine for me, both on the computer and on the eGPU. Joevt just asked which one I used.

ReplyQuote
joevt
(@joevt)
Honorable Member

Posted by: UliP

@Joevt
You were asking for the adapter I used. It's a Wesimi USB-C to mini Display Port adapter, which came to market after the MBP 2016.

Looks like a standard USB-C with DisplayPort alt mode to mini DisplayPort cable. There's no reason to get a different cable if a picture shows up on screen (unless the entire screen is flickering, not just the movie) but sometimes it's good to verify the cable is not the problem by testing another.
USB-C to Mini DisplayPort Cable,wesimi Thunderbolt 3 to Mini DP Adapter 6FT Support [email protected]
Stupid of them to call it Thunderbolt 3 when it's just USB-C (also works on MacBooks that don't have Thunderbolt 3).

ReplyQuote
GuideOfGalaxy
(@guideofgalaxy)
Trusted Member

I did an unboxing and video showcase of it work with bootcamp windows 10 with games.

ReplyQuote
wimpzilla
(@wimpzilla)
Honorable Member

Very informative, thanks you for the video!

2012 13-inch Dell Latitude E6320 + R9 [email protected] (EXP GDC 8.4) + Win10
E=Mc²

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member

Nice video and good to see some gaming benchmarks, I didnt realise that the 580 lagged so far behind the 1070 FPS wise, the GTA V frames are pretty dire, I manage the same in 4k.

2017 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
GTX1060 + AKiTiO Thunder3 + Win10
GTX1070 + Sonnet Breakaway Box + Win10
GTX1070 + Razer Core V1 + Win10
Vega 56 + Razer Core V1 + macOS + Win10
Vega 56 + Mantiz Venus + macOS + W10

---

LG 5K Ultrafine flickering issue fix

ReplyQuote
qlpc
 qlpc
(@qlpc)

Did anyone manage to get this eGPU working in Bootcamp, while maintaining the ability to use the MacBook without the eGPU connected?

ReplyQuote
GuideOfGalaxy
(@guideofgalaxy)
Trusted Member

Posted by: qlpc

Did anyone manage to get this eGPU working in Bootcamp, while maintaining the ability to use the MacBook without the eGPU connected?

Yes
if u have a 15 inch macbook pro the key is to install the intel hd graphics and disable the radeon pro dedicated internal graphics in windows if u look at me video both the internal and external screens work, most people have only got it to output to the egpu with out the internal display working, but i will work independently if u install intel hd graphics drivers only

ReplyQuote
GuideOfGalaxy
(@guideofgalaxy)
Trusted Member

Posted by: Eightarmedpet

Nice video and good to see some gaming benchmarks, I didnt realise that the 580 lagged so far behind the 1070 FPS wise, the GTA V frames are pretty dire, I manage the same in 4k.

I think the issues is more that the driver in windows doesn’t look like an officialy supported driver i think until there are official drivers for this egpu it won’t run at its best

ReplyQuote
GuideOfGalaxy
(@guideofgalaxy)
Trusted Member

will this work?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F8W5PL8/ref=pe_3753960_293323200_em_1p_0_ti

ReplyQuote
joevt
(@joevt)
Honorable Member

will this work?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F8W5PL8/ref=pe_3753960_293323200_em_1p_0_ti

Depends on what you want it to do. This adapter does not convert HDMI 2.0 to DisplayPort. Such adapters cost $200.

The BlackMagic eGPU already has an HDMI 2.0 port. If you want to add a second then this will work but you also need a USB-C to DisplayPort (female) adapter to go with it so you can connect it to the Thunderbolt 3 port. In that case, you might as well get the USB-C to HDMI 2.0 variant and skip an adapter.

ReplyQuote
GuideOfGalaxy
(@guideofgalaxy)
Trusted Member

I see that cable is for if you have a HDMI 2 display and a display port from your video card.

not for the reverse.

ReplyQuote
joevt
(@joevt)
Honorable Member

Posted by: joevt

The source doesn't have to be a full eGPU. For example, some manufacturer in the future could make a Thunderbolt 3 dock with DisplayPort inputs. This could be used in conjunction with a standard PCIe card based eGPU to drive Thunderbolt or USB-C displays. Then current eGPUs and graphics cards wouldn't be obsoleted by Titan Ridge based eGPUs.

I wonder if it would be possible to make such a dock by just replacing the firmware of a Thunderbolt 3 add-in card (having a Thunderbolt controller in host mode) with the firmware of a Thunderbolt 3 peripheral (having a Thunderbolt controller in peripheral mode).

This would require the mode of the controller to be dependent on firmware and not some hardware detail. Such a card could then be used in a Thunderbolt chain. At a minimum, the downstream Thunderbolt 3 port should support USB, DisplayPort, and Thunderbolt devices. If the add-in card has a DisplayPort or HDMI output (like the GC-ALPINE RIDGE) then it should also function.

This solution would be useful only if the DisplayPort inputs of the add-in card can also function. The firmware might not allow it (as this is not a function of any previous Thunderbolt 3 peripheral) or the controller might not allow it (as existing Thunderbolt 3 add-in cards use Alpine Ridge which might not have this feature in a peripheral configuration).

ReplyQuote
GuideOfGalaxy
(@guideofgalaxy)
Trusted Member

wow you can get apples dev kit on ebay for a good price

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sonnet-eGFX-Breakaway-Box-Developer-Edition-Sapphire-Radeon-RX-580-8GB-Card/192595956373?hash=item2cd79d1295%3Ag%3ARgsAAOSwQsdbRmHI&_sacat=0&_nkw=Sonnet+eGFX+Breakaway+Box+-+Developer+Edition&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

unfortunately in Australia it still costs $1149 AUD for the apple dev egpu kit from apple. which is the same price for the blackmagic egpu

ReplyQuote
qlpc
 qlpc
(@qlpc)

Posted by: qlpc

Yes
if u have a 15 inch macbook pro the key is to install the intel hd graphics and disable the radeon pro dedicated internal graphics in windows if u look at me video both the internal and external screens work, most people have only got it to output to the egpu with out the internal display working, but i will work independently if u install intel hd graphics drivers only

Is it possible to use the internal dGPU when not connected to the eGPU? How hard is it to enable/disable the dGPU? (ie. is it feasible to enable it when using it without the eGPU, and to disable it every time when connecting to the eGPU?)

ReplyQuote
vadimyuryev
(@vadimyuryev)

Is it possible that the GPU in the Blackmagic eGPU is actually the Radeon Pro WX 7100? 

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/amd-polaris-vega-gpu-high-sierra-mojave-support.2083168/

That site shows 67C0 as the Radeon Pro WX 7100 mobile chip.

Multiple screenshots that everyone has posted in this forum show the Blackmagic eGPU's device ID as 67DF with a revision of C0.

Is it possible that this is not an RX580, but actually a Wx 7100?

Can anyone confirm the possibility of this?

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

@vadimyuryev 67DF can be a wide range of Polaris cards such as RX 470/480, RX 570/580, and Pro 580 in this enclosure. The WX 7100 will be identified as “Radeon Pro WX 7100” in About this Mac. There’s no chance the card in this Blackmagic eGPU is an WX 7100.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

ReplyQuote
vadimyuryev
(@vadimyuryev)

Posted by: itsage

@vadimyuryev 67DF can be a wide range of Polaris cards such as RX 470/480, RX 570/580, and Pro 580 in this enclosure. The WX 7100 will be identified as "Radeon Pro WX 7100" in About this Mac. There's no chance the card in this Blackmagic eGPU is an WX 7100.

Is there any chance the card in this Blackmagic eGPU supports Displayport 1.4 and Vesa Display Stream Compression technology?

ReplyQuote
goalque
(@goalque)
Noble Member Admin

You can reach 60 FPS with high settings at 2560 x 1440. Gaming performance: https://www.apple.com/macbook-pro/

(source)

automate-eGPU EFIapple_set_os.efi
--
2018 13" MacBook Pro + Radeon [email protected] + Win10 1809

ReplyQuote
 of  5