[Unboxing] Cooler Master MasterCase EG200 Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Enclosure

Notifications
Clear all

[Unboxing] Cooler Master MasterCase EG200 Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Enclosure  

of  2
  RSS

(@cement_head)

Very nice review! I'm new to eGPUs and I'm interested in buying an enclosure that has the potential of upgrading to TB4, so this one is definitely in play for me.  The only downside to this one is that it's a bit pricey.  Have you had a chance to test with LINUX (Ubuntu 20.04) yet?

Razer Core X | eGPU : nVIDIA RTX 3060 | iGPU : Intel UHD 620 WHL (GT2)

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@cement_head, MSRP should be $350 but the current market is all over the place for tech components unfortunately. I tested with Pop!_OS briefly on a 2018 LG Gram 17 and it RX 6700 XT eGPU installed in this MasterCase EG200 worked well.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX 6600 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (CM MasterCase EG200) + macOS 12.1 & Win11 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
(@cement_head)

@itsage, It's listing at $450 - which is a bit high for me.  I just pulled the trigger on a Sonnet Breakaway Box 750, so that should be a good starter enclosure.  Once I've been using an eGPU enclosure for a while, I may jump to one that like this (MasterCase EG200) that does much, much more than just house the eGPU.

This post was modified 9 months ago

Razer Core X | eGPU : nVIDIA RTX 3060 | iGPU : Intel UHD 620 WHL (GT2)

ReplyQuote
steve47
(@steve47)

Hello forum members,

I've had a Cooler Master MasterCase EG200 for a couple months. It came with a 92mm fan on the top/ceiling of the enclosure. It has a second (unused) fan header on the board for an additional fan. I purchased an additional fan (Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM, Premium Quiet Fan, 4-Pin) and installed that beside the first fan. There is a temperature gauge in the enclosure.

My question/problem is that in the two months I've used this enclosure, I see the GPU fan turn on and off, I see the PSU fan turn on and off, but I've never seen either of the 92mm fans turn on; they are always off.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me to troubleshoot? I'm new to eGPUs and new to assembling computer components.

Both fan headers are three-pin. Both fans are four-pin. But I believe that shouldn't be a problem.

----

MSI Summit E15

Cooler Master MasterCase EG200

VisionTek Radeon 7870 GHz Edition

Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM, Premium Quiet Fan, 4-Pin

eGPU enclosure is connected to the laptop with a Cable Matters, 2 meter, Thunderbolt 4 cable.

----

Thanks for reading and best regards,

Steve

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
 of  2