Unboxing: Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck

Notifications
Clear all

Unboxing: Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck  

of  4
  RSS

Grant Davis
(@grant_davis)

thank you very much for the link, I feel more confident at buying one when I'm ready, cheers!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
cmm
 cmm
(@mois)
Trusted Member

Hi, I like to know if the Puck 560/570 will work well with the 8K display Dell UP3218K. I made a thread of it here https://egpu.io/forums/thunderbolt-enclosures/drive-the-8k-display-dell-up3218k-fed-via-two-dp1-4-using-sonnet-puck-560-570-or-other-solution-thoughts-comments/ . Sonnet's support say it's not supported and not even in warranty however I thought 8K via two DP1.4 cables is a standard usecase? Do you have any thoughts?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Ricardo Figueira
(@ricardo_figueira)

Hi,

Anyone using on Bootcamp (Windows 10) ? If yes, what you have done do work ?
Thanks

Macbook Air (1,3 GHz Intel Core i5 mid-2013) | Memory: 8GB, High Sierra | eGFX Breakaway Puck Radeon RX 570

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@ricardo_figueira I had the Breakaway Puck 560 running well in Windows 10 1803 with the 2018 Mac mini recently. I connected the eGPU prior to boot and it worked that way (Intel iGPU was deactivated by firmware). If you're experiencing error 12, I'd recommend looking into eGPU EFI Boot Manager.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 15" HP Spectre X360 [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Ricardo Figueira
(@ricardo_figueira)

Posted by: itsage

I connected the eGPU prior to boot and it worked that way (Intel iGPU was deactivated by firmware). 

You didn't have to do anything ? You just plug-in (eGPU connected) on you mac before boot start and then on windows was detected ?
Can you explain better this (Intel iGPU was deactivated by firmware) ?

Thanks

Macbook Air (1,3 GHz Intel Core i5 mid-2013) | Memory: 8GB, High Sierra | eGFX Breakaway Puck Radeon RX 570

ReplyQuote
 of  4