US$699 Apple Blackmagic eGPU (RP580)  

of  2
  RSS

mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Noble Member Moderator

New Apple Blackmagic eGPU (RP580)

Overview

Get desktop-class graphics performance on your MacBook Pro with the Blackmagic eGPU. Featuring the Radeon Pro 580 graphics processor, the Blackmagic eGPU is built to make any Mac with Thunderbolt 3 ports a graphics powerhouse. Enjoy supersmooth gaming, accelerate graphics-intensive pro app workflows, and enable VR experiences or content creation. Built-in I/O connections drive a Thunderbolt 3 display, support multiple accessories, and charge your MacBook Pro at the same time.

Pair the Blackmagic eGPU with the stunning resolution and immaculate visuals of the LG UltraFine 5K Display for the ultimate Mac setup.

Highlights

Compatible with Mac with Thunderbolt 3 ports

Radeon Pro 580 graphics processor with 8GB of GDDR5 memory

Two Thunderbolt 3 ports

Four USB 3 ports

One HDMI 2.0 port

85W power delivery

What’s in the Box

Thunderbolt 3 Cable (0.5 m)

https://store.storeimages.cdn-apple.com/4981/as-images.apple.com/is/image/AppleInc/aos/published/images/H/M8/HM8Y2/HM8Y2?wid=572&hei=572&fmt=jpeg&qlt=95&op_usm=0.5,0.5&.v=1529949316965 https://store.storeimages.cdn-apple.com/4981/as-images.apple.com/is/image/AppleInc/aos/published/images/H/M8/HM8Y2/HM8Y2_AV1?wid=1000&hei=1000&fmt=jpeg&qlt=95&op_usm=0.5,0.5&.v=1529949318016
https://store.storeimages.cdn-apple.com/4981/as-images.apple.com/is/image/AppleInc/aos/published/images/H/M8/HM8Y2/HM8Y2_AV2?wid=1000&hei=1000&fmt=jpeg&qlt=95&op_usm=0.5,0.5&.v=1529949318714 https://store.storeimages.cdn-apple.com/4981/as-images.apple.com/is/image/AppleInc/aos/published/images/H/M8/HM8Y2/HM8Y2_AV3?wid=1000&hei=1000&fmt=jpeg&qlt=95&op_usm=0.5,0.5&.v=1529949318285

From the FAQ's/info...

Can I upgrade the GPU chip in the Blackmagic eGPU?

No, the design has been optimized for quiet operation so it’s better suited for creative customers. This means the design is not a simple chassis with a PCIe card plugged in, but an integrated electronics, mechanical and cooling design that cannot have the GPU chip upgraded or changed.

purge-wrangler.shpurge-nvda.shset-eGPU.shautomate-eGPU EFI Installer
----
Troubleshooting eGPUs on macOS
Command Line Swiss Knife

Multiple Build Guides
----
Current: MacBook Pro RP560X + 480/R9 Fury/Vega 64 | GTX 780/1070
Previous: 2014 MacBook Pro 750M + 480/R9 Fury | GTX 780/980 Ti/1070

itsage and nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member

Didnt notice that new eGPU! I love the idea of a more vertical design.
Decent updates all round I'd say.

OH AND PUMP THE BRAKES... it supports LG 5K displays!?!?!

2017 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
GTX1060 + AKiTiO Thunder3 + Win10
GTX1070 + Sonnet Breakaway Box + Win10
GTX1070 + Razer Core V1 + Win10
Vega 56 + Razer Core V1 + macOS + Win10
Vega 56 + Mantiz Venus + macOS + W10

---

LG 5K Ultrafine flickering issue fix

goalque liked
ReplyQuote
ondert
(@ondert)
Trusted Member

Wow.. totally new Egpu setup sold by Apple... hmm.. probably not user upgradable?

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member

From the FAQ's/info...

"

Can I upgrade the GPU chip in the Blackmagic eGPU?

No, the design has been optimized for quiet operation so it’s better suited for creative customers. This means the design is not a simple chassis with a PCIe card plugged in, but an integrated electronics, mechanical and cooling design that cannot have the GPU chip upgraded or changed.

"

---

ppm liked
ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

This news came much earlier than I anticipated. Very good for those who have been waiting for the MBP lineup refresh!

Regarding the BlackMagic eGPU, the graphics card is definitely not interchangable. Apple worked with BlackMagic to route video outputs to Thunderbolt 3. This is currently the only solution at the moment to power the LG Ultrafine 5K with an eGPU.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

109 external GPU build guides

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

Posted by: ondert

Wow.. totally new Egpu setup sold by Apple... hmm.. probably not user upgradable?

It has an unusual port layout. Only the single HDMI port for video out. 4x USB 3.0 ports and two TB3 ports:

According to this link, it's 7 x 7 x 12 inches in size, or 9.64L in volume. That means it is just under 3 times the volume of the US$500 Gigabyte Gaming Box (3.30L).

Edit: @itsage, nice that it has the unique ability to drive the LG Ultrafine 5K display.

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table    •    Several builds
2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 M1000M + GTX 1080 Ti @ 32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member

"This is currently the only solution at the moment to power the LG Ultrafine 5K with an eGPU."

I'm not sure if I'm reading too much into this, but I am always suspicious you know something most don't... 

Either way, I'm dead excited by this and will prob be buying it, they claim no Bootcamp support but it'll be interesting to hear if folks can get it working. Don't suppose you guys are getting one to test? I'd be happy to help you out testing on an LG 5K in both os...  😉

---

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

You know what's funny, this enclosure is totally inspired by the Mac Pro trashcan (6.6 x 6.6 x 9.9 inches) and yet Apple shows no respect for the elderly Mac.

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member

Posted by: itsage

You know what's funny, this enclosure is totally inspired by the Mac Pro trashcan (6.6 x 6.6 x 9.9 inches) and yet Apple shows no respect for the elderly Mac.

Yeah I noticed the proportions too, kinda crazy that the Mac Pro is an ENTIRE computer, including 2 (of the time) powerful GPU's and it's still a wee bit smaller than this....

---

ikir and itsage liked
ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

Posted by: Eightarmedpet

"This is currently the only solution at the moment to power the LG Ultrafine 5K with an eGPU."

I'm not sure if I'm reading too much into this, but I am always suspicious you know something most don't... 

Either way, I'm dead excited by this and will prob be buying it, they claim no Bootcamp support but it'll be interesting to hear if folks can get it working. Don't suppose you guys are getting one to test? I'd be happy to help you out testing on an LG 5K in both os...  😉

This came as a surprise to me. I had a suspicion Apple was working on something to power the Ultrafine 5K but no details on whether it's in-house or through a vendor. I don't have any contacts at BlackMagic so no media sample on launch day.

I'm going to the local Apple Store tonight though. It's completely incidental that I scheduled for my 2016 15" MacBook Pro keyboard repair today (stuck W key). I highly doubt the local store has new MBP or the new eGPU in stock/on display.

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Noble Member Moderator

Posted by: itsage

I'm going to the local Apple Store tonight though. It's completely incidental that I scheduled for my 2016 15" MacBook Pro keyboard repair today (stuck W key). I highly doubt the local store has new MBP or the new eGPU in stock/on display.

Let's hope the Mid-2018 Macs are better in this regard haha.

----
Command Line Swiss Knife

Multiple Build Guides
----

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

I actually bought a 2015 15" MacBook Pro earlier this month. Guess which one I'll be selling at the end of the month?  😛

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Noble Member Moderator

@itsage Haha 2016 I bet 😉 2015 15" MBP is one of the best MBPs out there.

Might get the 2018 15" 512G model myself, once I'm back in US.

----
Command Line Swiss Knife

Multiple Build Guides
----

ReplyQuote
SirLothar
(@sirlothar)
Eminent Member

I've just ordered mine (I have the LG 5k display) and it arrives Saturday.  Can post my thoughts here then.  
Let me know if anyone wants to know something specific....

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member

Posted by: SirLothar

I've just ordered mine (I have the LG 5k display) and it arrives Saturday.  Can post my thoughts here then.  

Amazing. Please let us know how/if it works in boot camp.

---

ReplyQuote
ikir
 ikir
(@ikir)
Prominent Member

I love that design. Pretty nice you can include a usb-c adapter to have Ethernet and other ports or plug a Thunderbolt to DisplayPort. 
It is big probably to be quiet, also RX 580 is a good card, I would know how this Pro version compare to RX. I can understand it is not upgradable if the design is custom, anyway it should last many years, notebook iGPU and dGPU can’t compete with a desktop, maybe OC, Radeon 580.

@itsage
just blow air with you mouth, usually it only some dirt

MacBook Pro 2018 Touch Bar i7 quad-core 2.7Ghz - 16GB RAM - 512GB PCIe SSD
my Mantiz Venus extreme mod with Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 64

ReplyQuote
detunedradios
(@detunedradios)
Trusted Member

Since additional I/O like USB usually sucks TB3 bandwidth from the GPU, I wonder if this goes the dual-TB-controller route. Probably has to in order to support TB3 video output? I dunno, this thing is made so differently from every other eGPU enclosure that it'll be interesting to see what's going on under the hood.

2016 15" MacBook Pro - 2.7GHz Core i7, Radeon Pro 460 4GB, 1TB SSD
Sonnet Breakaway Box 350, modded with 650W PSU, with Radeon RX Vega 64

ikir liked
ReplyQuote
MýnÆnglishTáwk
(@mynenglishtawk)
Eminent Member

Well I think it is a waste of geld. £600 yet it can't even be stepped up any further.

My Homemade Gaming Laptop

ReplyQuote
Axam
 Axam
(@axam)

From Blackmagic eGPU FAQ:

Does Blackmagic eGPU works on Windows using Bootcamp?

No, Apple’s Bootcamp software does not currently support eGPUs.

ReplyQuote
Rycco
(@rycco)
Reputable Member

Posted by: Axam

From Blackmagic eGPU FAQ:

Does Blackmagic eGPU works on Windows using Bootcamp?

No, Apple’s Bootcamp software does not currently support eGPUs.

Currently. I hope.

mid-2017 15" Macbook Pro RP555 + [email protected] (Mantiz Venus) + macOS & Win10

ReplyQuote
NostromoUK
(@nostromouk)

Looks great and LG 5K Ultrafine support is welcome ...but I used Resolve with an RX580 and barely saw much improvement. Strange that they didn't put a Vega in it.

ReplyQuote
kotlos
(@kotlos)
Trusted Member

That is terribly expensive for such an old non-upgradable chip.

Why didn't they add a Vega or even better, two Vega chips? They could have made a partnership with AMD to create something like the R9 Fury X2 but in a eGPU format. The bandwidth of TB3 would kill some of its performance but my guess is that it would still sell much better.

ReplyQuote
SirLothar
(@sirlothar)
Eminent Member

For someone like me it's perfect.  I intially had the Nvidia Gigabyte box but got fed up with the hacks being a pain for bootcamp and OSx.   I switched to the AMD Gigabyte box but then realised it wouldn't work with my LG 5K - so sent that one back (love Amazon!).
So - finally I get a single cable, no hassle plug in - to give me 8x graphics speed on my 2016 13' MBP

You won't believe how many years i've been buying new macbooks just to get a boost in Intel onboard graphics 🙂

Afraid not..
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208897

ikir and itsage liked
ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

@kotlos Like most eGPU enclosure manufacturers, BlackMagic Design is testing the water with its first entry to the market. There are plenty of missed opportunities in terms of integrating different hardware they already sell to the film industry. One of which is Decklink. Perhaps the second Thunderbolt 3 port has more use than to power the LG Ultrafine monitor.

kotlos liked
ReplyQuote
guischmo
(@guischmo)

You won't believe how many years i've been buying new macbooks just to get a boost in Intel onboard graphics 🙂

Story of my life 🙂 

SirLothar liked
ReplyQuote
SirLothar
(@sirlothar)
Eminent Member

Got it all up and working today.  I've done a short unboxing, narrative video + demoing some benchmarks (video to follow shortly - because ironically, iMovie does not run using the eGPU!)

* Noise - it really is massively quiet.  18db is hard to hear unless you put your ear next to the unit, even at full usage.  Very impressive and can see why they may have chosen not to go for a more power hungry, faster card.  

* Heat - Really clever design as the heat dissipates from the bottom and top.  In fact, you can rest your hand on it and just feel a light warm breeze

* Speed - as expected for an AMD580 - great for nearly everything and my games are now running properly...  amazing!  No issues so far and getting 50fps+ in Heaven benchmark.

* Size - not too bad.   It's fine in a corner on my desk.

* Price - I know - not amazing value, but you do get something really hassle-free and massively quiet.  Plus, if you use it for work - that brings it down to £500.

Might be a coincidence but the LG 5k monitor now says there is an update (albeit always fails to do so as "monitor gets interrupted during the process).

Finally, Finally!!!

[update] Here's the video: Unboxing Video

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
 chx
(@chx)
Estimable Member

Really, this is overpriced, we need someone to design a 3D printed enclosure for the Gigabyte Alpine Ridge card and a mining riser and then any eGPU will happily work with the LG Ultrafine 5K... including the much cheaper Gigabyte AMD box. Honestly, I am surprised Gigabyte doesn't release it in a slim readymade enclosure... does anyone have a contact to them to ask? (Many forum posts elsewhere confirms this trick works.)

Lenovo ThinkPad 25 -- GALAX SNPR TB3 1060 -- Lenovo Graphics Dock -- Benq BL2411PT - - two PackedPixels - Dasung not-eReader backer

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member

For someone like me it's perfect.  I intially had the Nvidia Gigabyte box but got fed up with the hacks being a pain for bootcamp and OSx.   I switched to the AMD Gigabyte box but then realised it wouldn't work with my LG 5K - so sent that one back (love Amazon!).
So - finally I get a single cable, no hassle plug in - to give me 8x graphics speed on my 2016 13' MBP

Afraid not..
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208897

A lad on reddit has one and he claimed it worked perfectly with his 5K and 15inch 2017....

@chx what would power the mining riser? Sorry if thats daft question but I have no experience with them...

---

ReplyQuote
 chx
(@chx)
Estimable Member

http://aerocooler.com/110v-ac-to-12v-5a-dc-adapter-w-4pin-molex-connector/ this, if nothing else. Total overkill at 60W. Although I think I have seen risers powered from 12V barrels.

Lenovo ThinkPad 25 -- GALAX SNPR TB3 1060 -- Lenovo Graphics Dock -- Benq BL2411PT - - two PackedPixels - Dasung not-eReader backer

ReplyQuote
GuideOfGalaxy
(@guideofgalaxy)
Trusted Member

I just ordered this in Australia

they cost $1149 AUD in Australia remember we already include Sales tax in all prices and we only have ONE universal sales Tax called GST, at 10% tax. So roughly translated $699 USD direct conversion with out tax is $942 AUD, + $100 for Tax and  + another $107 for import fees and customs. and you looking at $1149 AUD.

Which is still alot cheaper than alot of the other EGPU and video card combos you can buy.

Anyway I will be testing this out with a 2016 Macbook pro 15 inch touchbar with the following specs:
- 2.7ghz i7 quad core processor
- 16gb of ram
- 512gb flash storage
- Radeon pro 455 with 2gb vram

So hopefully it runs well in Mac OS obviously but I will also runs tests with windows in bootcamp to see if it works.

I also have a LG 5k thunderbolt 3 monitor and since this is the very FIRST egpu to support thunderbolt monitor direct acceleration from the graphics card, you can bet I am going to be testing this alot 🙂

I hope now that most manufacturer of graphics cards will now start supporting thunderbolt monitors. with direct outputs.

ReplyQuote
joevt
(@joevt)
Reputable Member

Posted by: GuideOfGalaxy

I hope now that most manufacturer of graphics cards will now start supporting thunderbolt monitors. with direct outputs.

If it's true that video is coming directly from the eGPU's GPU, then even non-Thunderbolt monitors will see an improvement (USB-C monitors like the LG UltraFine 4K, or any VGA, DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort display with appropriate USB-C adapter).
Real proof will come from a test like this:
computer -> NVMe storage device -> eGPU -> two 4K displays.

Two 4K displays uses 32 Gbps of the 40 Gbps Thunderbolt 3 bandwidth leaving only 8 Gbps. However, since the NVMe is in the chain before the eGPU and graphics are coming from the eGPU instead of the computer, then the NVMe drive should have 2000 MB/s read/write speeds (> 16 Gbps, ≈20 Gbps) unless there's some kind of design flaw in Titan Ridge, Thunderbolt in general, or macOS.

ReplyQuote
GuideOfGalaxy
(@guideofgalaxy)
Trusted Member

Posted by: joevt

If it's true that video is coming directly from the eGPU's GPU, then even non-Thunderbolt monitors will see an improvement (USB-C monitors like the LG UltraFine 4K, or any VGA, DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort display with appropriate USB-C adapter).
Real proof will come from a test like this:
computer -> NVMe storage device -> eGPU -> two 4K displays.

Two 4K displays uses 32 Gbps of the 40 Gbps Thunderbolt 3 bandwidth leaving only 8 Gbps. However, since the NVMe is in the chain before the eGPU and graphics are coming from the eGPU instead of the computer, then the NVMe drive should have 2000 MB/s read/write speeds (> 16 Gbps, ≈20 Gbps) unless there's some kind of design flaw in Titan Ridge, Thunderbolt in general, or macOS.

Yep 
from what I have seen on youtube you can plug in USB C or thunderbolt adapters to run display port or any other output.

No idea if a usb c monitor would work but I would suspect it would, I would assume they would want any monitor to work with this egpu.
I don't have a usb c monitor so I can't test this. Will try a usb C adapter though for display port or HDMI
also you wouldn't be able to run 2 4k usb c or thunderbolt monitors on the blackmagic egpu since it only has the 1 thunderbolt 3 port the other port is for connect to you laptop.
pretty sure Apple tells you to plug in the second monitor into the other side using the 2nd thunderbolt bus. 

and pretty sure you would need 2 of these egpus plugged in on both sides of the a 15 inch macbook pro to accelerate both monitors remember the 15 inch has 2 thunderbolt 3 bus built in so that 80gbps of bandwidth. the 13 inch only has one thunderbolt 3 bus.

ReplyQuote
joevt
(@joevt)
Reputable Member

I've proposed some tests in the tear down thread. I'd also like more information about the USB ports (what driver they use, etc.)
https://egpu.io/forums/thunderbolt-enclosures/unboxing-blackmagic-egpu-radeon-pro-580-thunderbolt-3-enclosure/#post-39963

Posted by: detunedradios

Since additional I/O like USB usually sucks TB3 bandwidth from the GPU, I wonder if this goes the dual-TB-controller route. Probably has to in order to support TB3 video output? I dunno, this thing is made so differently from every other eGPU enclosure that it'll be interesting to see what's going on under the hood.

Additional I/O seems to be using a USB port that is new to the Titan Ridge chip. Read the tear down thread (link above).

from what I have seen on youtube you can plug in USB C or thunderbolt adapters to run display port or any other output.

No idea if a usb c monitor would work but I would suspect it would, I would assume they would want any monitor to work with this egpu.
I don't have a usb c monitor so I can't test this. Will try a usb C adapter though for display port or HDMI

Check if the Thunderbolt 3 port supports a USB device (anything from USB 1.1 like a keyboard or mouse, to USB 3.1 gen 2 like a SSD RAID). That way you can verify that the port has USB functionality to go with the DisplayPort alt mode functionality (used by the already tested adapters). Both of those functionalities are used by USB-C displays.

Which Apple USB IOKit Personality and driver class corresponds to the Titan Ridge USB controller? I don't think it can be any of the AppleUSBXHCIAR personalities (which all use the AppleUSBXHCIAR class). From /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext/Contents/Info.plist we have these Alpine Ridge based USB controllers:

IOKitPersonality from macOS 10.13.5 Device ID PCI ids database device description (? = my guess)
AppleUSBXHCIAR 15b6 DSL6540 USB 3.1 Controller [Alpine Ridge]
AppleUSBXHCIARCDP 15d4 JHL6540 Thunderbolt 3 USB Controller (C step) [Alpine Ridge 4C 2016]
AppleUSBXHCIARCSP 15db JHL6340 Thunderbolt 3 USB Controller (C step) [Alpine Ridge 2C 2016] ?
AppleUSBXHCIARLP 15c1 JHL6240 Thunderbolt 3 USB Controller (Low Power) [Alpine Ridge LP 2016] ?

This eGPU uses Titan Ridge. The hub is connected to a Titan Ridge USB port with device ID 15ec "JHL7540 Thunderbolt 3 USB Controller [Titan Ridge 4C 2018]" which is none of the above. Maybe it's using the generic AppleUSBXHCIPCI personality/IOClass which uses a IOPCIClassMatch instead of a IOPCIPrimaryMatch.

also you wouldn't be able to run 2 4k usb c or thunderbolt monitors on the blackmagic egpu since it only has the 1 thunderbolt 3 port the other port is for connect to you laptop.

Remember two things:
1) Thunderbolt can carry two 4K DisplayPort streams.
2) You can chain Thunderbolt devices.

Therefore, there are three solutions for getting two 4K displays. In order of complication, they are:
1) Two Thunderbolt 3 devices each with a DisplayPort to extract a 4K stream each. Allows Thunderbolt chain to continue.
2) One Thunderbolt 3 device with a DisplayPort for one stream and a USB-C adapter for the other stream. Terminates the Thunderbolt chain.
3) A Thunderbolt 3 to Dual DisplayPort adapter. Terminates the Thunderbolt chain.

pretty sure Apple tells you to plug in the second monitor into the other side using the 2nd thunderbolt bus. 

and pretty sure you would need 2 of these egpus plugged in on both sides of the a 15 inch macbook pro to accelerate both monitors remember the 15 inch has 2 thunderbolt 3 bus built in so that 80gbps of bandwidth. the 13 inch only has one thunderbolt 3 bus.

Each side of a MacBook Pro has a Thunderbolt 3 controller. Each Thunderbolt 3 controller has two DisplayPorts from the MacBook Pro's built-in GPU. Therefore, you can have two 4K displays originating from each side of the computer (four displays total). You can have one display per port or two displays from a single port. A 5K displays takes two DisplayPort streams, so you can only have one per side.

But none of that matters with this eGPU if it originates its own DisplayPort streams. You should be able to plug 4 of these eGPUs, one per MacBook Pro Thunderbolt 3 port, and get 12 displays (8 DisplayPort and 4 HDMI 2.0). You could connect twenty more of these (5 per MacBook Pro Thunderbolt 3 port) for an additional 20 displays from the HDMI 2.0 ports (since a Thunderbolt 3 chain can have 6 Thunderbolt devices). All this may depend on PCIe resource limits, and driver limits.

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member

@guideofgalaxy from the few reports I have read it does work in Bootcamp, but the caveat may be - only when replacing another working AMD set up as driver detection is an issue. Look forward to hearing your test results either way!

---

ReplyQuote
GuideOfGalaxy
(@guideofgalaxy)
Trusted Member

@guideofgalaxy from the few reports I have read it does work in Bootcamp, but the caveat may be - only when replacing another working AMD set up as driver detection is an issue. Look forward to hearing your test results either way!

get mine delivered tomorrow so will give it a try in windows.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

@guideofgalaxy Check for monitor output in Bootcamp through both HDMI and second TB3 port. When I tried with a Razer Blade Stealth, there was no monitor output.

ReplyQuote
 of  2