Why MacBook Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015, no boot sound and black screen with egp...

Notifications

Why MacBook Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015, no boot sound and black screen with egpu plugged?  

RSS

palbar12
(@palbar12)

Hello everyone,
I bought Razer Core X, GTX 1080 OC, thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 adapter (From Apple) and thunderbolt 1/2 cable 2m (from Apple).
I have a MacBook Pro Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015 with thunderbolt 2, i5 2.7, 8 GB RAM and 256 SSD.
I'm running MacOs High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G5019). (SIP is disabled)
I used a purge-wrangler.sh for enable thunderbolt 2 and install Nvidia Web Drivers.
All work perfect but I need to plug eGPU when MacOs is already started and logout from my profile (and sign in again) to enable external display.
The problem Is: I can't boot my Mac if eGPU it's connected for MacOs I need to wait all boot, for Windows I need to plug it when the windows logo appears.
Do you have any idea to resolve that problem???
I have also iMac 21.5 2013 i5 2.7 8GB ram 1TB HDD with thunderbolt 1 and it doesn't has any problem.
I can boot up when eGPU it's already connected and turned on. (In Windows also work plug and play!)
Please someone can give me some answers.
Thanks a lot!

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote