Will there be an Aorus Gaming Box (or similar) featuring the new AMD RX 6900 XT?

Notifications
Clear all

Will there be an Aorus Gaming Box (or similar) featuring the new AMD RX 6900 XT?  

RSS

Reinhard1004
(@reinhard1004)
Eminent Member

Hi guys,

I find the Aorus Gaming box with the RTX 2080 ti appealing because of it‘s very compact size, low weight and because it also features water cooling.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N208TIXEB-11GC#kf  

Now that the new Radeon RX 6900 XT comes out this would be the better card for me because it is Mac-compatible (also with macOS versions later than High Sierra).

So I am wondering about what you think ... can we expect smth like the Aorus Gaming Box for theses latest AMD cards?
Or will it be best to make one‘s own build with a larger, heavier but also more flexible eGPU enclosure?

This topic was modified 1 month ago

Late 2016 15" MBP w/ Radeon Pro 460, 2m CalDigit TB3 cable, Mantiz Venus eGPU case, NVidia GTX 1080ti.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@reinhard1004, That would be a nice eGPU for Mac users. I think Gigabyte can easily make the RX 6900 XT to fit the existing 2nd-gen Gaming Box. The main obstacle is sale volume. I don't think they ware able to sell too many of the RTX 2080 Ti version. Going with the RX 6800 XT to keep it under $1,000 might be more appealing imo.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 15" HP Spectre X360 [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
lerinave
(@lerinave)

I am more eager to see mid-tier models of RX6000 to have a mini ITX form factor to fit in a 1st gen gaming box. It would be an ideal replacement for my RX 580 8G gaming box for Mac mini...

Mac Mini 2018+Gigabyte Gaming Box RX580 8G.

ReplyQuote