Enclosure & Hardware Discussions
Would a Titan Ridge add on card work for my setup?? PLEASE HELP :(..

Would a Titan Ridge add on card work for my setup?? PLEASE HELP :(..  

RSS

arthurbanaszak
(@arthurbanaszak)

My goal is to have all of the following displays working with my setup. 

- Samsung C49RG9 Super Ultrawide- 49" - 5120x1440 @ 120Hz (when the monitor is in picture by picture mode: Dual 2560x1440p @ 100Hz)
- BenQ XL2411P - 24" - 1920x1080 @ 144Hz 
- Kuman (mini lcd) - 5" - 800x480 @ 60Hz
- BenQ EL2870U - 28" - 3840x2160 @ 60 Hz
- HTC Vive Headset

My system:

Motherboard: Z390 Aorus Master (1x THB_3 Header / Titan Ridge Compatible)
CPU: Intel i9-9900k
GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2080 TI (O11G GDDR6)
Addon Card: Titan Ridge 

GPU Ports:

2x 1.4 Display Port 
2x Hdmi
1x USB C 

Titan Ridge Ports:

1x 1.4 Display Port 
2x Thunderbolt 3 
2x Mini Display Port 

My current setup BEFORE using the titan ridge card:
* Only using the GPU *

2x 1.4 Display ports into ---> 49" 5120x1440 @ 120 Hz (using DP 1) - OR - DUAL 2560x1440 @ 100hz (using DP1 & DP2) -  Samsung  -- (This is so that I can achieve 120hz on the monitor)
1x HDMI - HTC Vive Headset
1x HDMI port into ---> 5" 800x480 @60hz Kuman Mini LCD 
1x USBC port into ---> 24" 1920x1080 @144hz - BenQ  ---- (This is so that I can achieve 144hz on the monitor since the monitor cannot do more than 60hz using HDMI)

I'm looking for a way to include:

28" 3840x2160 @ 60hz 

I haven't yet installed the titan ridge card but I'm wondering is just using 1 of the thunderbolt ports (with a thunderbolt to display port cable) to the monitor will work? 
My main concern is being able to add additional displays since my graphics card wouldn't be able to do all of the ones I'm looking for at the same time. 
But I'm not sure weather or not it's possible with this titan ridge card. 

The more I look into compatibility and making sure I can get max Hz on all displays using the right ports ect I start getting a little lost. 

Can anyone please help? I'm really just wondering if it's possible to do all of these displays using a RTX 2080 TI + Titan Ridge Addon Card. 

Thanks Again

This topic was modified 2 months ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
joevt
(@joevt)
Prominent Member

Nvidia cards only support 4 displays (see Maximum Display Support in the specs). You have 5 connections. But the dual cable display might count as 1 display (if it does not appear as two displays in the Nvidia control panel which happens if the EDIDs of the two connections have Tiled display topology info in the DisplayID extension blocks - maybe Monitor Asset Manager will let you see that but sometimes it complains about EDIDs that have too many extension blocks). You cannot add the sixth connection (the 28").

Titan Ridge is not a GPU and therefore does not add more displays. Is one of your displays a Thunderbolt display?

You could connect displays to the Intel iGPU (but the motherboard is crippled with a single HDMI 1.4 output...)

This post was modified 2 months ago

Mac mini (2018), Mac Pro (Early 2008), MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Sonnet Echo Express III-D, Trebleet Thunderbolt 3 to NVMe M.2 case

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

Similar to what @joevt said, the GC-TITAN-RIDGE doesn’t add more monitor outputs to your existing graphics card. It’s useful for converting interface such as dual DisplayPorts to Thunderbolt 3. Your best bet is to enable the Intel iGPU in BIOS then power the Kuman (mini lcd) – 5″ – 800×480 @ 60Hz through it. The RTX 2080 Ti can then power the other display devices.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use | eGPU enclosure buying guide

ReplyQuote