XPS 13 9310 i7 (Thunderbolt 4) + Razer Core X

Notifications
Clear all

XPS 13 9310 i7 (Thunderbolt 4) + Razer Core X  

RSS

xSoup
(@xsoup)

Hi there,

So I'm looking at purchasing a XPS 13 9310. It's the new XPS 13 with a new 11th gen intel chip and Thunderbolt 4 ports. The particular model I want has these specs:

-i7-1165G7

-512GB PCIe SSD

-16GB LPDDR4x RAM

I'm looking at potentially pairing it with a Razer core X and a relatively inexpensive GPU (possibly a 1650). My question is has anyone tried using the 9310 with the Core X and if they have what has their experience been like (has their been difficulties in installation and what was performance like)? I can't seem to find much in the way of EGPU user experience for the 9310. I'm going for the Core X because it seems the easiest EGPU to obtain brand new in my country (the UK).

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@xsoup, It's a fairly new laptop so will take some time for user reports. I had tested an HP Sprectre with similar specs and can definitely recommend the 11th gen laptops with eGPU [build link].

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 13" ASUS ROG Flow X13 (RTX3050Ti) [R5K,8C,H] + RTX 3080 @ 64Gbps-XG (XG Mobile) + Win10 20H2 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
s_kywalker
(@s_kywalker)

@xsoup, Further Question, will the integrated USB Hub in the Razer Core X Chroma also work with Thunderbolt 4? since apparently there, the biggest difference to TB3 lies.. I would be interested to hear if somebody has this setup working.

Using Razer X Chroma with GeForce 1660Ti and HP EliteBook x360 1030 G3 (i7-8550U)

ReplyQuote