Gigabyte Vision D (desktop) + intel i7 10700K + Windows 10 1903 + Aourus Gigabyt...

Notifications
Clear all

Gigabyte Vision D (desktop) + intel i7 10700K + Windows 10 1903 + Aourus Gigabyte GTX-1080 Gaming Box  

RSS

Ingmar
(@ingmar)

I skipped the Linux experiments for now. I got it working on the downgraded Windows 10 but didn't have success so far with psi.sys or hackflags in newer windows, nor with Ubuntu. So this topic could be moved over to the windows category. 

After I installed the downgraded version, I had to hot plug it after startup, turn it off and then start it up again. Now I start it up with the eGPU connected and with both intel and Nvidia displays active and then I disable the intel driver after startup. Works for me.

all the best,

Ingmar

This topic was modified 2 weeks ago

Aourus gaming box 1080 with a) mac mini 2014 (High Sierra) and b) windows 10 (1903) Visions D z490 motherboard desktop

ReplyQuote
Ingmar
(@ingmar)

I skipped the Ubuntu for now but got it working with downgraded windows - hot plugged it at first but now the eGPU works from startup. I disable the intel driver after boot and put it back on before shutting down - at this point. Works.

Aourus gaming box 1080 with a) mac mini 2014 (High Sierra) and b) windows 10 (1903) Visions D z490 motherboard desktop

ReplyQuote