2015 13" MBP with Razer Core V2?  

RSS

tsmr
(@tsmr)
October 15, 2018 12:22 pm  

Hey All,

I ordered the top spec 2018 MBP 13" on release day a few months ago but sent it back during the return period due to being unable to get to grips with the low-travel keyboard.

I also, at the time, bought a Razer Core V2 and paired with a GTX 1060. The reason for choosing this eGPU is that I wanted a one-cable solution whereby all my peripherals (mouse, keyboard, USB headset, monitor, GPU, Power) would all come to my computer via 1 USB-C TB3 cable.

If I were to purchase a top-spec 2015 MBP 13", would I be able to use my Core V2 for EGPU (via a TB2 adapter) but also the keyboard/mouse/USB-Headset too? If the answer is yes, what sort of performance impact would I be looking at for both Graphics AND Peripherals?

My head wants me to get an X1 Extreme or Razer Blade 2 but I'm buying a house next month so I need to be relatively frugal.  🙂 

Tom

EDIT: I should mention that I'll be using Windows 10 almost exclusively when connected to the EGPU.

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
theitsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin
October 15, 2018 12:27 pm  

Which OS are you planning to use the eGPU with the most? The expansion ports do not work in Windows via Apple Thunderbolt 3/USB-C to Thunderbolt adapter.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

82 external GPU build guides

ReplyQuote
 tsmr
(@tsmr)
October 15, 2018 3:14 pm  

Hey , used your guide to setup my 2018 MBP, thanks for that! 

I'll be using Windows 10 -almost- exclusively with my eGPU for gaming. So the Graphics would work but port expansion would not, therefore I'd need to buy a USB hub or similar?

ReplyQuote