Notifications
Clear all

2020 Mac Pro is the new 2019 ?  

RSS

Mini i5
(@mini-i5)
Reputable Member

So, today I drove over to the nearest glass-panel-and-stainless-steel-clad Apple Store to see the Mac Pro “2019" .

They didn’t have any. There, or at other stores close by.

Duh, why would Apple’s stores have the Mac Pro "2019" now, when it’s still 2019? 😂

4F2CB08D 6E53 4FED 879C E2D873C7BBAA

Okay. So...its better thought-out and makes a stronger statement about your Mac Division’s (already heavily-reviewed) flagship product when, I don't know, you kinda dribble it out there, slow as a 4-year old on the basketball court? 🤔

Curious about this - the Tech industry press and YT reviews couldn't have waited to run alongside a "Mac Pro - 2020" TV spot during Super Bowl LIV 2020?

Things wouldn't have been better coordinated? Like P.R., Marketing, and Manufacturing? You know, by targeting early February - when, realistically, they could actually have some display product - along side trained staff - in stores?

No, I take it back. No one would remember a well-made Super Bowl spot... 🤦‍♂️😅

1984 2

Also, there's no profit in retconning fondly remembered pop cultural touchstones...😆😆😆
RISE
This topic was modified 3 months ago

2018 Mac Mini i5 / 6-core 3.0-4.1 Ghz / 32GB / 256GB / Intel UHD 630 / PowerColor Gaming Station / PowerColor dual-fan RX5700 XT / Mac OS 10.15.4 Catalina / Windows 1809 / LG 27" 4K display

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@mini-i5 For me it's 2023 Mac Pro because that's when we'll see the lease returns of the 7,1 flooding the used market. With that kind of pricing we should start treating the Mac Pro like a car purchase. There will be more aftermarket upgrades and significantly lower cost of ownership.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

ReplyQuote
Mini i5
(@mini-i5)
Reputable Member

@itsage

Ha, ha, yes. 😅

Also, who’s to say a spree of tech-lust-fueled Mac Pro impulse buys won’t ultimately benefit the enviornment? 

How many more independent contractors will enjoy working from home when they can no longer afford a car? 😂

This post was modified 3 months ago

2018 Mac Mini i5 / 6-core 3.0-4.1 Ghz / 32GB / 256GB / Intel UHD 630 / PowerColor Gaming Station / PowerColor dual-fan RX5700 XT / Mac OS 10.15.4 Catalina / Windows 1809 / LG 27" 4K display

ReplyQuote