Notifications
Clear all

27' iMac 2019 with nvidia gpu and external monitor  

RSS

Gakkou
(@gakkou)
Eminent Member

Hi,

I mostly use my iMac on work stuff and personal programming + some light gaming occasionally. Recently I have been wanting to do more gaming on the BootCamp side and have been considering external GPU to play on full settings on my external widescreen 3440x1440 monitor. I only need the eGPU to work with the external monitor, I don't care about the internal monitor for gaming.

I have been thinking of getting the Razer Core X Chroma and RTX 2070 super. Should these be okay for my purpose?

Are there any other things I should consider, as far as I read, using nvidia gpu on bootcamp should pretty much be plug and play if the external monitor is directly connected to it? I don't care about using the external gpu on the mac OS side.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Mini i5
(@mini-i5)
Honorable Member

@gakkou

A 2070 Super or 3070 (whenever Nvidia chooses to make it available) will be good for gaming.

@itsage recommends installing Win10 1903 V1 ISO for bootcamp. 

https://tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php

You’re one of only a handful of members adding an eGPU to the 2019 model.

Your build will provide helpful info to others. 

2018 Mac Mini i5 / 6-core 3.0-4.1 Ghz / 32GB / 256GB / Intel UHD 630 / PowerColor Gaming Station / PowerColor dual-fan RX 5700 XT / Mac OS 10.15.6 Catalina / Windows 2004 😏 / Dual LG 27" 4K displays

ReplyQuote