Notifications
Clear all

3080 ti bottleneck?  

RSS

flexrocket
(@flexrocket)

Will there be a bottleneck, if i connect external 3080 ti to my i7 1165g7 Notebook . For the case of Internal Full hd Display am external 4K MonitoR

2021 13" HP Spectre X360 [11th,4C,G] + RTX 3080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (Razer Core X) + Win11 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
Boltoway
(@boltoway)
Reputable Member Moderator

ReplyQuote
flexrocket
(@flexrocket)

Tanks for your answer, i will mainly use the setup for GPU Rendering with Blender and sometimes a few Gaming.

2021 13" HP Spectre X360 [11th,4C,G] + RTX 3080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (Razer Core X) + Win11 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
MINDTHREAT
(@mindthreat)

This raises a good question that I've been curious about as of recently. When I first started rendering using an external GPU enclosure and a Titan TB3 card in my AMD Threadripper machine, I noticed that no matter what game I run, there's a massive decline of performance loss despite being ran on the primary graphics card in my machine. If I disable or disconnect the external eGPU, performance is of course restored as before.

Seems like it's directly tying into the external eGPU somehow or bottle necking the rest of the system as a result. This of course doesn't happen if both GPU cards are in the primary system itself using one or the other card, performance is the same on either one as expected then.

This thread reminded me of it and I forgot to even go back and dig further as to what is actually happening or causing the performance loss but more importantly, how is that possibly affecting my rendering performance as well.

SpaceTimeContinuumThreadripper 2950X - ASROCK x399m Taichi - 32GB G.Skill - (1) RTX 3080 - (2) RTX 2080 Ti eGPU Razer Core X - 2TB NVMe RAID0 - GB-Titan Ridge TB3

ReplyQuote