Aorus GTX 1070 Gaming Box and RX 580 Gaming Box?

Notifications
Clear all

Aorus GTX 1070 Gaming Box and RX 580 Gaming Box?  

RSS

contenestor
(@contenestor)

Hi everyone,

I need a buying advice. First off all I think I have read almost every build guides regarding the two boxes, but can't really figure out what is the right one. 

I have bought a MacBook Pro 13" 2018 8GB ram, 512 GB SSD and want to pair it with a gaming box. I want to install Windows 10 via bootcamp and game a little bit using external display, keyboard and mouse. 

1) My question is what is status, at the moment regarding the two boxes, and which one to choose if I primarily want to game on the Windows partion? Is it difficult to get it working and is it stable? 

2) If I want to install more games on an external SSD would it still be possible to connect and running it through Windows 10 via bootcamp? 

Have a nice day! Smile

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
pmraiders
(@pmraiders)

Hello and welcome! Since you have no internal dedicated AMD graphics chip, either way will work fine in Windows. Under MacOS nVidia cards are not supported officially, but there is third party support which you can read about in the section specific to MacOS on this forum. AMD cards work right out of the box, with full hot plug and accidental removal support right out of the box, supported by Apple.

If you are only going to be using it on Windows there is no reason to buy the 580, the 1070 is more powerful. If you appreciate seamless integration under MacOS the 580 is a great option. I personally pair my RX580 Gaming Box with my 2018 15" Macbook Pro. Works great under both operating systems.

2018 Macbook Pro 15" - i7 2.6ghz - Radeon Pro 560x
Gigabyte RX580 Gaming Box

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
contenestor
(@contenestor)

Thank you so much, I appreciate your view. If the RX580 works as-well in Windows, then I think that's the one. It would be nice to also be able to use the eGPU in mac OS and to game a bit in windows even though the 1070 is better overall for gaming in windows.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote