Best combo of gear + settings for MacBook Pro 15" 2016 to get highest performanc...

Notifications
Clear all

Best combo of gear + settings for MacBook Pro 15" 2016 to get highest performance in Adobe Premiere/AE, Blender and Cinema 4D?  

RSS

Charlie Herrick
(@charlie_herrick)

I don't play many graphics-intensive games; my interest in primarily in getting better performance and rendering times out of Adobe Premiere, DaVinci Resolve, Blender, and Cinema 4D. 
I purchased a Sonnet 650W and a PowerColor Radeon VII, but found out later that, as of yet, there is no compatibility between the card and the breakout box nor with MacOS, so I ordered the ASUS Radeon RX VEGA 64 Strix. 
I got it up and running with two external monitors, but the rendering times in Blender don't seem much faster at all. I installed the beta version of the newer Blender, and it didn't seem to recognize any compatible GPU.
Wondering what settings are ideal for each of these pieces of software to perform optimally with my setup? Or if a different setup would be better for my needs?
Thanks in advance!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote