Enclosure & Hardware Discussions
Can a Razer Stealth 13 and an External GPU run FPS titles at 2k Ultrawide at 144...

[Solved] Can a Razer Stealth 13 and an External GPU run FPS titles at 2k Ultrawide at 144 FPS?  

RSS

mas0ny1
(@mas0ny1)

Hey,

Can a razer 13 with a 1080ti run games like Apex Legends at 2k ultrawide at 144fps or so?

Or would the i7-8565U in the razer stealth bottleneck the setup? 

Just wanting to know before I Buy (if it people think it wouldnt work are there any suggestions that could make this setup possible?)

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
(@joshua_eduardo_concha_molina)

I use a Razer blade 15 i7-8750H with ultrawide 1440p with a RTX2080 (similar to 108t0i) with good FPS, but your processor is slower so except less perfomance 

Laptop: Razer Blade 15 (2018) i7 8750H + 1060MQ
eGpu: Razer Core X w/ EVGA RTX2080 XC Ultra
Keyboard: Razer Ornata Chroma
Mouse: Razer Trinity Chroma
Headset: Razer Nari
Monitor: asus rog swift pg348q (3440 x 1440 / 21:9)

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
mas0ny1
(@mas0ny1)

@joshua_eduardo_concha_molina

Right it says ur cpu is about 20% faster.

What fps values do u get? and also do u think its the cpu that is bottlenecking the setup? or the gpu...

Cause i heard people dont recommend a super heavy cpu since most the time it is redundent, but im not too sure whats best to pair up with this razer for 2k gaming.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote

@mas0ny1

I'm getting between 80 and 120 FPS with a gsync monitor, while dropping 60FPS, to be honest I don´t know how to measure where the bottleneck is... just sharing my experience

ReplyQuote
mas0ny1
(@mas0ny1)

Oh to check bottleneck, just bump down ur graphic settings to potato mode to see if U get better fps. 

If u get bettter fps than the bottleneck would be the GPU. Otherwise if u dont get anymore fps that means that the cpu is bottlenecking.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago

ReplyQuote
mas0ny1
(@mas0ny1)

Do u mind just changing ur setting to have a look at fps values for me please? Im just quite worried about going through with this purchase before getting as much info as i can lol

ReplyQuote

all max setting but Ambient Occlusion in medium, 3440 x 1440, Vsync off max FPS 100 (100hz gsync monitor)

Edit: low latency mode: ultra in the Nvidea panel, I don't know why but that decrease stuttering and FPS drop 

This post was modified 2 weeks ago

mas0ny1 liked
ReplyQuote