Enclosure & Hardware Discussions
Can iMac pro 2017 run with RTX2080ti on Windows 10 via bootcamp?

Can iMac pro 2017 run with RTX2080ti on Windows 10 via bootcamp?  

RSS

(@martin_poon)

looking for gaming some latest games at 4k 60fps using my iMac pro's display (possible?), the built-in radeon pro vega 64 in my imac pro can do at 1440p, while hardly achievable at 4k or 5k(the native resolution for imac pro),  so planning to get a 2080ti in eGPU.   Is it compatible to run both in Mac OS catalina and windows 10, any issues to be noticed so far?  Thanks   

This topic was modified 4 days ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Paul Welch
(@paul_welch)

I'm running GTX 1070 in a Gigabyte gaming box, but only in Windows Bootcamp.  These new Nvidia cards are not recognized by MacOS currently, with the outlook of support looking poor.  What's very frustrating is that AMD cards including the new 5700 series now have native support in Catalina but are not working well with bootcamp windows from what I've read.  AMD just released a new driver 11/4/2019 so I'm hoping those who have AMD egpu's will test it out for us and then I might switch so that I can have a egpu that works in both set ups.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
(@martin_poon)

Posted by: @paul_welch

I'm running GTX 1070 in a Gigabyte gaming box, but only in Windows Bootcamp.  These new Nvidia cards are not recognized by MacOS currently, with the outlook of support looking poor.  What's very frustrating is that AMD cards including the new 5700 series now have native support in Catalina but are not working well with bootcamp windows from what I've read.  AMD just released a new driver 11/4/2019 so I'm hoping those who have AMD egpu's will test it out for us and then I might switch so that I can have a egpu that works in both set ups.

It won't be a must to me to have it able to run in both set ups as I got vega 64 built-in .  Actually it would be fine to just run in Windows for gaming, just perfect if having the best of the both worlds.

This post was modified 4 days ago

ReplyQuote