Notifications
Clear all

Can’t find Vega 56 anywhere?  

RSS

madmax00178
(@madmax00178)

I’m trying to buy the ASUS WS Pro + a Vega 56, since everything I’ve read points to it being very silent at idle and light load. However I can’t find the Vega 56 anywhere except super marked up on eBay. Is it discontinued? If so, what’s the best replacement that is powerful + silent? It needs to be supported by Macs.

*edit* I did some more searching and it looks like the 5700XT is the better supported card to get, but that card is just as difficult to find!

This topic was modified 4 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@madmax00178, I'd recommend the RX 5600 XT.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 6700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (CM MasterCase EG200) + Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
madmax00178
(@madmax00178)

@itsage, Is it quieter than the 5700xt?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@madmax00178, It consumes less power so given the same cooler design, it should run quieter and produce less heat.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 6700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (CM MasterCase EG200) + Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote