Confirming exact model compatibility of a HP Spectre x360

Notifications
Clear all

Confirming exact model compatibility of a HP Spectre x360  

RSS

(@ender832)

I've looked through the list of best laptops to get for egpu's and the buyers guide and I have been looking at a few different variations of the HP Spectre x360. The Resources on this site are amazing and this has helped extremely with understanding how to buy a laptop that will work with an egpu.

My question is around that it's hard to tell exactly which model of a given HP Spectre x360 is on sites like amazon so I wanted to confirm the one I am looking at is actually one of the ones listed in the buyers guide here.

I'm looking at what is described in this amazon listing as a: 2019 HP Spectre x360 13t:

2019 HP Spectre x360 13t Gem Cut 4K 3840x2160 with 13.3" Display 2 in 1(i7-8565U, 16GB, 1TB NVMe SSD

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T3P9GFL/

Also seeing it direct from HP here: https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-spectre-x360-13-ap0039nr  

Model listed as: ap0039nr

When looking at the buyers guide I think that this may be what is referred to as the 2018 13-inch HP Spectre X360 in the guide because those posts reference the laptop having a i7-8565U which is what this one has.

I see many egpu pairing options in the guide for a 2018 13-inch HP Spectre X360 w/ i7-8565U which is great, I just wanted to confirm that this one I am looking at on amazon should actually be the same and that it actually supports the important stuff like:
x4 PCIe Connection
OPI 4GT/s Mode

Amazon listing list the model as Spectre x360 13ap00, but that doesn't seem to be super helpful.

Appreciate any thoughts on this, thanks.

This topic was modified 2 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
(@ender832)

I started looking at the eGPU and GPU pairings in the build guide more as well, and I'm trying to get a feel for what is the most powerful GPU that would make sense to pair with this Laptop before the CPU bottlenecks the power in the GPU.

I see two builds using the 2017 model with I assume a slightly weaker CPU that are using GTX 1070 Ti and GTX 1080 Ti, so based on that I am thinking it be paired with a pretty high end GPU before the CPU starts to bottleneck it?

So far I have been looking at the GTX 2060 which appears weaker than either of those.

I don't see a build specifically using this exact configuration, but looks like the Razer Core X is pretty compatible so thinking it should be ok?

So this could be my potential combo:

13" HP Spectre x360 with i7-8565U / Razer Core X / GTX 2060

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote