Enclosure & Hardware Discussions
Considering buying an AKiTO Node TB3 to use with an imac (late 2012)

Considering buying an AKiTO Node TB3 to use with an imac (late 2012)  

RSS

(@theo_parker)

Hi there, (Just a heads up that I am a complete beginner and don't really know a lot about doing this sort of thing)
I've recently been introduced to the idea of building my own egpu for my imac late 2012 and these are some of my questions. 
I was just wondering whether it would be a good thing to buy an Akito NODE TB3 enclosure to use with an RX 570 over a TB3 to TB2/1 connector?
would I be able to use it with my imac on macOS mojave or would I have to downgrade to High Sierra?
am I able to use automate-egpu EFI to get it working?

I've been doing some research by myself but I am still unsure, so it would be great to get some pointers on what I could do to get an egpu working with my mac. 

Many thanks, T

This topic was modified 3 months ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
esatamacmodular
(@esatamacmodular)
Estimable Member

seems like a good idea to me. mojave is fine.

iMac 2013 10.14.1, Macbook Air 2013 10.11, MBP 2016 13" 10.13.6 , HP 4530s 10.11, node lite, DA-2 PSU w/mod, PE4L 2.1b expresscard34, GTX460,1050Ti,1060,1070/Ti RX470,560,580

ReplyQuote
(@theo_parker)

Thanks for the reply!
will give updates once I buy all the gear

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote