Notifications
Clear all

Dell Latitude 7300  

RSS

Koh Kai Yit
(@koh_kai_yit)

Hello all, my Dell Latitude 7300's fan goes crazy whenever I run a few things and it is powering my 34 inch usbc monitor as well. Therefore, im planning to get an eGPU to help with the processing. My system is as shown:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8665U CPU @ 1.90GHz 2.11GHz

RAM: 16.0gb

System type: 64 bit 

Anyone knows if I can just buy Razer Core x/ chroma and a GPU to plug into my laptop via USBC thunderbolt?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
James Knight
(@james_knight)
Eminent Member

@koh_kai_yit

Yes it will work, I am running same laptop and all works well. I went with the XG Station Pro for its light foot print and quiet operation. I also had a Dell WD19TB dock. So I did not need to worry about the eGPU enclosure powering my laptop.

However, it may not solve your issue with noise. This laptop is noisy, but I have stripped off my heat sink, cleaned and re-applied thermal paste which did help with the cooling.

Overall I still believe it is worth it. Do your research and see what best suites you and your needs.

I will advise once you take the jump do not be deterred by error code 12 issues or thermal throttling. I went through all this pain and have a few threads that you could find useful.

Finally, Good luck and happy researching.

Setup: Dell Latitude 7400 | i7-8665U | 32GB DDR4 | M2.sata 512GB |
iGPU: UHD 620 | eGPU: Nvidia RTX 3070 FE | Asus XG Station Pro | Thunderbolt 3 (15D9) : NVM 44.00

ReplyQuote