Should I buy a Aorus GTX 1080 Gaming Box? Can it be used with MBP w/ TB2 + TB3 t...

Notifications
Clear all

Should I buy a Aorus GTX 1080 Gaming Box? Can it be used with MBP w/ TB2 + TB3 to TB2 Adapter on macOS 10.12.6 (not Windows)?  

of  3
  RSS

Tan Heng
(@taner)

I’m been wondering if I could use Aorus GTX 1080 Gaming Box with my MBP on macOS instead of Akitio Node? Because it think it would help me save a bunch of money.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
natemac00
(@natemac00)
Eminent Member

Aorus GTX 1080 G Box

Yup!

3D Cinema 4D/Octane Artist
Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Gaming Box w/ TB2to3 Adapter
2013 Mac Pro
2014 MacBook Pro

ReplyQuote
Thiago Bolinho Laranjeira
(@thiago_bolinho_laranjeira)
Eminent Member

MAN I JUST LOVE YOU SOO MUCH RIGHT NOW!!

wowowowow

its even the same mac i have mid 2014!!

buying this right away!!

can i borrow your knowledge on set this up?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Skrymer
(@skrymer)

I also thinking of buying one Aorus gtx 1080, and im new in the area, so what are you saying is that with a MBP with tb2 you can use the Aorus with an adapter TB3 to T2? Sorry for the bad english

ReplyQuote
benr
 benr
(@benr)
Eminent Member

I have successfully used the Aorus Gaming Box 1070 on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015) with TB3-to-TB2 adapter and Mac OS X 10.12.

ReplyQuote
Skrymer
(@skrymer)

Nice, i would order the Aorus then, thanks 😀 

( Which adapter you used?)

ReplyQuote
DocMike
(@docmike)

I have a late 2017 MacBook Pro 13” touch bar.  I don’t want to game in Boot Camp, and I have an external monitor.  If I can actually find this box , will it be an easy set up or should I opt for a AMD card with native OS X support

ReplyQuote
(@uwe_schall)

can somebody tell me, if the update on 10.13.2 or later is "a problem" and makes it not work anymore?

I am confused about that.

ReplyQuote
Thiago Bolinho Laranjeira
(@thiago_bolinho_laranjeira)
Eminent Member

10.13.2 its the limit!

ReplyQuote
Christopher Körling
(@christopher_korling)

So 10.13.2 does work?

ReplyQuote
 of  3