eGPU setup for Lenovo Ideapad 320-15IKB

Notifications
Clear all

eGPU setup for Lenovo Ideapad 320-15IKB  

RSS

xzap042
(@xzap042)

Hi, I have Lenovo Ideapad 320-15IKB.
And I already have PSU and GPU (Antec 450W and AMD R9 270X).
I'm looking to buy only the external dock setup. maybe this one?

According to my understanding it should work but I cant see if anyone else is using this same laptop or not? Can anyone please share their thoughts on this setup, ok or not?

Here is laptop pcie port pic

EDIT: I also have a HP 440G2 and a HP 8540p Elitebook if they are easier to work with, but Lenovo has i5 8th gen proc. with 8Gb DDR4 RAM.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

Your system has a x1.AE M.2 slot. See adapter options at:

https://egpu.io/external-gpu-buyers-guide-2018/#m2-interface

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
xzap042
(@xzap042)

Will this work?

It's M2 key A+E right?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
mr.ribeiro
(@mr-ribeiro)
Trusted Member

@nando4 @xzap042, This port of lenovo have whitelist? And the M.2 port will works with 8gbps? I looked the table of bandwidth and the m2 are listed with 8gbps.

ReplyQuote
xzap042
(@xzap042)

I don't see any option in bios for whitelist.

So can anyone confirm should I order the above given link for ngff version?

ReplyQuote
xzap042
(@xzap042)

Anyone?

ReplyQuote
Franciscopspslim
(@franciscopspslim)

Hi, did it work for you on the hp 440 g2 notebook? why I want to do the same but with the gtx 1060 of 6 GB.

ReplyQuote
Ranabir Dutta
(@ranabir_dutta)

Can you please tell me how to bypass the whitelist

ReplyQuote
christ ga
(@christ_ga)

I'd like to know what's up with the white list thing, i want to know if i will have to white list the beast and how to
(I also have an IdeaPad 320 15ikb)

ReplyQuote
IRON780
(@iron780)

Hello Please I wanted to lmow that if egpu will work on my lenovo ideapad 320 I have heard about some whitelist problem and I want to ensure that will it work or not hope you help.....

ReplyQuote