Share:

gigabyte aero 14 + rtx 2080  

RSS

pinedhuitre
(@pinedhuitre)
May 16, 2019 9:02 pm  

Hello everyone

sorry for my english i will try to do my best to be the most understandable:

I intend to invest in a razer core X with a rtx 2080.

Before this purchase I would need several tips:

- my laptop is a gigabyte aero 14
I7 7700hq
16GB ddr4 2400mhz
gtx1050ti.

I searched everywhere to know if my  thunderbolt is 4 lanes even with HWINFFO64 (I must be blind) Can you tell me where I can find this information. ? ..

Finally I would like to know if with this configuration is good enough to play in QHD or if I should see for another box or gpu ??

Thank you in advance !
This topic was modified 1 week ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

DanielLong
(@daniellong)
May 17, 2019 7:57 am  

It was already discussed on Reddit many times, that the Aero 14 has PCIE3.0 x4 through the TB3 port. Hopefully your setup would be sufficient for QHD, but of course don't expect to have the same fps like on a normal PC.
In HWINFO, you have to open the main window (not only the sensors, best to have empty checkboxes when you start the application). Then go to the BUS group on the left and open down all the subgroups inside. Probably the last PCI group will contain your TB3 controller. There you can check the connection. See this picture for example.

kép

noun: kép, film, festmény, képeslap
verb: lefest

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote