Help me build a gaming laptop setup that is better than my best friends
Hi everyone. Long story short, I just bought a Razer Blade 17 (2019 version - see stats below). My friend has a desktop that has a 1080 GTX and a Ryzen 2700x, 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz ram.
So we're playing Destiny 2 together when we realize he's getting more frames per second. Now the guy won't let off. Texting me everyday. It's playful. Fun, but I do want to win this pissing contest. Never had a gaming computer before. Early 30's, I've got some disposable cash. I've been looking at eGPU's and watching some YouTube videos when my brother-in-law recommended this website for the build. I think as far as gaming laptops go, my CPU is less of a bottleneck. Then there's the throughput from the eGPU to my laptop. Which seemed like the two biggest criticisms online from people that weren't seeing much of a difference in performance from the eGPU. Also, I will be outputting directly on the laptop screen at 1080P@144 Hz.
From a compatibility/benchmark perspective, what do you guys think? I looked at prior builds on the site and only saw 2017 versions of the Razer Blade on here. If I'm under the $2,000 mark for say a 2080 ti + enclosure, I'd be fine with it. I just want to build a laptop that is beast mode when I have it docked. Something that plays Battlefield V on max settings, and wins the pissing contest. All comments appreciated, thank you!!
- Windows® 10 Home (64-bit)
- 9th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-9750H 6 Core (2.6GHz/4.5GHz)
- NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX™ 2080 with Max-Q Design (8GB GDDR6 VRAM)
- 17.3" Full HD 144Hz, 100% sRGB, 6.0mm bezel, factory calibrated
- 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 16GB Dual-Channel (8GB x 2) DDR4 2667MHz
- Per-key RGB powered by Razer Chroma™
- 2.5Gb Ethernet
USB & Thunderbolt 3
- USB 3.2 Gen 2 (USB-A) x3, USB3.2 Gen 2 (USB-C),
Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C)
- Intel® Wireless-AX200 (802.11/a/b/g/n/ac/ax), Bluetooth® 5
- Built-in HD webcam (1MP / 720P)
- Black with backlit green logo and green USB ports
- 0.78" x 10.24" x 15.55" / 19.9mm x 260mm x 395mm
- 6.06 lbs / 2.75 kg
Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts