Help with buying GPU - Razer Blade Stealth 2019(Early) / Razer Core X

Notifications
Clear all

Help with buying GPU - Razer Blade Stealth 2019(Early) / Razer Core X  

RSS

(@r_johansson)

Hello,

I recently purchased the early RBS on black friday sale and decided to order a core x as well. I did not purchase a GPU yet since I'm unsure of which one to buy and this is where I would need some help/recommendations.

The games I play are CSGO, LoL, SWTOR and old mmorpg  RF Online. Id like to stay in the budget between 200 - 350 $(Max 400). Also if you happen to have a similar setup as mine and know of any good USB-C hubs with (ethernet, hdmi, usb ports, SD card reader) I wouldn't mind a suggestion to that also.

This topic was modified 6 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

What's the specs of your Blade Stealth? Are you planning to use an external monitor with the eGPU? If you can find an RTX 2070 Super for $400, that would be the best performing card for the money. When I tested the reference card, it worked great in both internal display loopback and external monitor.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 5700 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Prototype eGPU Enclosure) + macOS 10.15.4 & Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
(@r_johansson)

@itsage

The specs are: Core i7 8568U, GeForce MX150, 16GB ram, 256GB SSD. I am planning to use an external monitor for this setup, I have been looking at this card Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Super

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote