Notifications
Clear all

HP Spectre X360 13” (2020)  

RSS

Todd Maslen
(@todd_maslen)

Hi there,

ive just bought an HP spectre x360 13”. I love it and want to know if I can boost its gaming potential (to about mid range: good graphics and frame rate) with an EGPU or if I would require a CPU upgrade too. PCBenchmark has recommended an upgrade to both. I’m pretty new to this community and would love some advice. Thanks heaps 😊 

its specs are: 

• Intel® Core™ i7-1065G7 processor (1.3 GHz base frequency, up to 3.9 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)
  • Windows 10 Home 64
  • 13.3" diagonal 4K UWVA BrightView micro-edge AMOLED multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass with anti-reflection Corning® Gorilla® Glass NBT™, 400 nits, 100% DCI-P3 (3840 x 2160)
  • 16 GB LPDDR4-3200 SDRAM (onboard)
  • 2 TB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@todd_maslen, If you use the eGPU with an external monitor, the performance will be good. I would recommend the RTX 2070 Super. You can choose an enclosure with at least 60W Power Delivery in our buyer's guide.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Todd Maslen
(@todd_maslen)

• @itsage, aaah thank you for the quick reply. 
    I am really only looking to use the spectre screen as it’s a good one with high resolution. Would this be an issue? Thank you also for the recommendation. The spectre 13” doesn’t have an HDMI port,l, however I believe it has TB3 connectivity.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote