Notifications
Clear all

HP Spectre X360 13” (2020)  

RSS

Todd Maslen
(@todd_maslen)

Hi there,

ive just bought an HP spectre x360 13”. I love it and want to know if I can boost its gaming potential (to about mid range: good graphics and frame rate) with an EGPU or if I would require a CPU upgrade too. PCBenchmark has recommended an upgrade to both. I’m pretty new to this community and would love some advice. Thanks heaps 😊 

its specs are: 

• Intel® Core™ i7-1065G7 processor (1.3 GHz base frequency, up to 3.9 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)
  • Windows 10 Home 64
  • 13.3" diagonal 4K UWVA BrightView micro-edge AMOLED multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass with anti-reflection Corning® Gorilla® Glass NBT™, 400 nits, 100% DCI-P3 (3840 x 2160)
  • 16 GB LPDDR4-3200 SDRAM (onboard)
  • 2 TB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin
Builds: 155

@todd_maslen, If you use the eGPU with an external monitor, the performance will be good. I would recommend the RTX 2070 Super. You can choose an enclosure with at least 60W Power Delivery in our buyer's guide.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 14" Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio [11th,4C,H] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (WD_Black D50) + Win11 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Todd Maslen
(@todd_maslen)

• @itsage, aaah thank you for the quick reply. 
    I am really only looking to use the spectre screen as it’s a good one with high resolution. Would this be an issue? Thank you also for the recommendation. The spectre 13” doesn’t have an HDMI port,l, however I believe it has TB3 connectivity.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote