Intel NUC + Razer Core X + Gigabyte GeForce® GTX 1660 SUPER MINI ITX OC 6G = Goo...

Notifications
Clear all

Intel NUC + Razer Core X + Gigabyte GeForce® GTX 1660 SUPER MINI ITX OC 6G = Good?  

RSS

Samo Andrew Chandler
(@samo_andrew_chandler)

Hi,

This website has been very useful, and I've been looking at lots people's build lists.

I'm just sort of hoping I could get a confirmation that this build will work.

I haven't seen anything to suggest it won't, but would like opinions from the forum about it.

Having to work within my budget, and I already owned the Intel NUC, I just need a graphics bump for video work and gaming.

So the Intel NUC is a NUC8i7BEH, with 32GB of DDR4 meory.
The processor is an i7-8559U 4-core that runs at 2.69ghz.
It currently has an Intel Iris Plus 655 graphic chip.

And of course has a trusty all-important Thunderbolt 3 port.

Will the Razer Core X work with the Gigabyte GeForce® GTX 1660 SUPER MINI ITX OC 6G? And will they work with the model of Intel NUC I have?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@samo_andrew_chandler, It will work for sure. Do you have other eGPU enclosures available in your market? The Razer Core X is overkill for the GTX 1660 Super ITX. I have been using a NUC7i5 with a GTX 1060 ITX inside the Zotac AMP BOX mini [build link]. It has been working great through Thunderbolt 3 loopback mode (NUC HDMI port connects to the TV).

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Samo Andrew Chandler
(@samo_andrew_chandler)

@itsage, Hi, I went for the Razer Core X as it was the highest rated, also the only one that seemed to be in stock anywhere here in the UK that wasn't extremely pricey.

I do plan on getting a bigger card at some point once the prices come down, so the Razer Core X gives me room to upgrade. 

I did look at some of the Akito boxes, but they were either out of stock and really pricey. I was hoping to get one with Thunderbolt 3 pass through for other TB3 devices, but not in my price range sadly.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

itsage liked
ReplyQuote