Late 2013 Macbook retina pro 15" High Sierra, kinda urgent

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Late 2013 Macbook retina pro 15" High Sierra, kinda urgent  

RSS

chunkynpolite
(@chunkynpolite)

Im new to this community, so first off hello.

I am currently in the states and will depart back to Germany by the end of the year so forgive me if I didn't have the patience to find this setup, but  I tried to for half a day. There Lots of input here, great! So let me break this scenario down.

I have a late 2013 Macbook pro. I plan to replace my ssd with a OWC Aura Pro X2. On top of that, I talked to bizon box just today because I would also like to buy a Egpu, but after being recommended two options ( Razer Core X with AMD RX580 and Sonnet breakaway with GTX 1080i))  I decided first to come on here and ask for your advice.

Im looking to upgrade my motion graphic and editing capabilities and would appreciate any help that would get me closer to a decision and purchase before i leave the country.

Im really green to this community so thanks for your patience in advance,

best

chunky

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@chunkynpolite Welcome aboard! First of all don't buy from Bizon. There are better options for upgrading the internal PCIe drive than OWC Pro X2. If you have the latest Mojave or Catalina macOS, the firmware supports a wide range of NVMe drives. You'd need an adapter such as Sintech NGFF M.2 nVME SSD Adapter in order to install the drive inside MacBook Pro.

Regarding eGPU options, take a look at our eGPU enclosure buyer's guide. If you're working in macOS AMD Radeon cards are the only way to go. Read my Catalina eGPU overview and go with a GPU within your budget.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote